Monday, April 14, 2014

President Hawks told me to come out of denial.

OKAY !!!! This is Ashley's mom with Ashley's last mission email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beyond excited to have her home!!!!! I will be forever grateful for the wonderful experience her mission has been to her!!! She has been an awesome missionary and gave it her all!! She loved the people and I know she is sad to leave; yet, her family is so ready and happy to have her return home!!! Enjoy!!!


Family--

I never thought this email would ever come forth out of my fingertips. Hello it's me coming at you for one last time from China. Where does the time go? Didn't I just get here? Yeah that's what I thought too. Let's talk about you-- Spring Break sounds like a dream. Can we go to Carl Bloch again together? I feel like I would like that sort of activity. See you there? Maybe?

I'm sorry I am about to make this about me, so here we go. Feel free to not read, sorry I'm always so selfish and talking about me me me. Okay so this week literally went by in three shakes and one blink of an eye. IT WAS SUCH A GOOD WEEK. We were busy all the time! I've said lots of non-goodbyes (I just say meihgwok gihn meaning-- see you in America inferring that they better get over to America and visit me!) 

Let me just list a few of the many miracles-
-we had 10 people at church this past weekend for Conference. It was amazing! Conference was a miracle. We missionaries get to watch it in English and so it's like Zone conference in there. Well during President Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude and no-endings only everlasting beginnings everyone in the room is staring at me (given my current predicament) and I just said "stop it" and all resumed to watching conference. So everyone knows I'm in denial... It's fine.
-We had a baptism yesterday! I spoke again (seriously the ward/stake has got to be thinking, get that girl off the stand!) Yuki, The girl that got baptized from our ward, was someone we had taught originally but was Mandarin and so we turned her over. Two people got baptized from the stake and so it was a combined baptismal service. Miracles all around I tell you!
-One of our members through a goodbye party of sorts and invited 4 less-actives that I have been working with since in Butterfly and they all came and we got to teach them all in one sitting! Usually it takes us months to schedule them and there they all were and we got to share a message about the importance of conference.
-Please remind me to tell you about the Relief Society tea activity that was held this past week. I don't have the time or patience to do it justice over here. You'll love it. 
-I had my interview with President Hawks this morning. He is so good and so inspired, as always. He's also very good at being straight and to the point saying that I need to come out of denial, go home and progress-- so I'm being kicked out of my home away from home, China. We talked and shared testimony and when I asked if I could stay longer he said that he would keep me until Friday. So I will see you then :)
-We ate at the Lau Family's house again. Oh my. I made a video of this dinner appointment and lesson because I was dying laughing. They are too much. Lau Hingdaih is so great and his cute wife will get baptized soon.
-We have taught lots of investigators and less-actives this past week and I felt so blessed! One of my favorite weeks of being a missionary for sure.

Family- so I mean I don't know how to express what I'm feeling. I feel so happy and sad all inside. I have loved loved loved my time here in Hong Kong. I won the mission lottery by being sent here. I have changed and I promise to use the talents that the Lord has given me by sending me to Hong Kong. Thank you for being so supportive and writing me every week, for your prayers and innumerable sacrifices on my behalf. 

I know that this church is true. I know it. God is involved in this work and I am humbled and honored by the small part I have been able to play. I learned and came closer to God more than I ever thought possible. I learned how to trust Him. I know the Restoration is true and I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Jesus Christ's Atonement is real and all we need to do is trust Him. Repentence is real. I love repenting! I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm going to spend the rest of forever becoming better at living it.

It's funny, when I came to Hong Kong and everything was so foreign and so knew and hard. I felt like everything I had was taken away from me, but really, it was just being prepared to be given to me. I have been blessed far more than I deserve. I love you and I love the Lord.

See you soon (how is this real life?)
LOVE YOU FOREVER.
Love, Paak Jimuih



1 comment:

  1. 泊姊妹,你好。 Eventhough you don't know me, I love to follow your blog. Your are a great tool to Heavenly Father. I feel your love to people around you. I love to see your smiling on the pictures. I would miss your missionary experience. Keep doing your good job, keep your light shine.

    ReplyDelete