Monday, March 10, 2014

Hello!!

Family! Listen I realize I just checked in basically 20 minutes ago, (you're mad?) 
but alas I am back and so excited to chat with you all and tell you about the miracles I have been seeing lately. I loved all the pictures you sent. You all are too cute to be real. How are you real? I don't even understand it. Wade-- you're so skinny and so tall! How tall are you these days? When I left you had just barely barely passed me up! Wow. That is just too much. You're great and all the best.

So last I left you it was temple time. President Hawks had texted us a few days before asking us to come by the office before we went to the temple. I was wondering what was up but we sat in the office, chatted with Sister Cowley (she can't WAIT to meet you Mom! ha) and then President Hawks came out of his office with Sister Olsen and said, "Can you take her to the temple with you as your 3rd companion?" HAHAHA. I was the happiest!!!!!! Prayers were answered as we got to be companions again for 2 hours because her companion had to do some stuff so we just got to do a session together and talk the afternoon away in the Celestial room. It was perfect. I loved it.

The rest of the weekend was spent finding, teaching and seeing miracles. We found a new investigator named Chao Taai, but now she's Chao Jimuih. She is just the cutest little thing. Sister Aldana found her one time on exchanges as she was running to a nearby restroom (fun actually not-so-fun HK fact, bathrooms are honestly sometimes impossible to find. And when you do find them, don't count on toilet paper being in there...carry on) She is the cutest little mom to 2 boys. She doesn't know hardly anything about God, but she knows it's good and wants her boys and husband to have it. We're seeing her again this week so I will take a picture and you can see how precious she is. It's amazing the lives people here lead. She is from Mainland, and told us the horrors of her childhood. Not enough food to eat, only going to one year of school so she can't read, and her mom dying when she gave birth to her little brother, among other things. My heart broke listening to her story! Some people have it so hard. But she is so optimistic and giving the best life she can provide for her two little boys.

Other newsworthy clips-
-among other goals that are of a more spiritual nature, I have set goals to start wearing my glasses so I am not blind at age 60. There are both good and bad side effects to this. Sometimes I can't see very well.. in the darker or cloudier days especially, and so sometimes I think Philippians are Chinese and I try to share the gospel with them. Everyone walks away confused.
-I also wear my retainers during the morning study hours. I sound like a sloth when I speak Cantonese with them in. Actually I sound like a sloth no matter what language I'm speaking with them in. Dr. Gee would be so proud. (remember how he always got mad at me for "losing them" when in all actuality it was the fact that they kept breaking on my left K'9 tooth..?) forgive and forget, I know. 
-We had miracles at church yesterday-even a walk in that came back from last week, even when she didn't have a phone. Her name is Cheung Jimuih and she is even coming to Stake Conference.
-speaking of stake conference... I am so nervous. My palms sweat and my eyes water just thinking about it. 
-We tried to contact a man that WAS IN FACT THE Chinese version of Rumpelstiltskin from "Once Upon A Time" yeah it makes me excited and uncomfortable too. He was kind of scary. He didn't want to give his phone number, but he did take a flyer, so I mean he's coming around.
-Even though we are in a building stage we are moving forward with lots of optimism and faith. We're finding those prepared souls this week.  I can't wait to meet them myself.

Thank you so much for all your love, emails and constant stream of support. I really am so happy here. My favorite thing about being a missionary is that everything I do, I get to just serve people. Isn't that the greatest blessing in the world? A full-time volunteer. I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. This is His work and I am grateful to be a part of it. Thank you for all your love, prayers, and kind thoughts! 

I hope you all have a great week!
Love you so much,
Love Paak Jimuih 



No comments:

Post a Comment