Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Family!!!! 
HELLO AND HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! New Year's is wrapping up here, and I haven't seen any Valentine's Decor yet, so perhaps their skipping it here? But I'm not skipping it in my heart or my love for you all. Last year Elder Evans from the Seventy came and spoke to us on Valentine's Day, guess who is coming this year??????? Hold your cell phones and your mouse cursors tight because it is the one and only-- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland himself. It was announced this week so naturally I've spent a lot of time on my knees in gratitude but mostly repentance. I need to get myself ready for that handshake and looking into his eyes as he looks into my soul. My heart races just thinking about it. It's going to be on the 25th of this month. Hong Kong is celebrating 65 years of the church being here this year and we are all just so excited!!!!! So stay tuned!

Last week was so good. I continue to see miracles everyday and to see the hand of the Lord in my life. I love the Hong Kong people so much. I love the investigators and Less-actives we're working with and I'm working hard to really listen and then courageously follow the promptings God puts in my heart. Also in an effort to reply to the gems you bestow on me I'm going to write a little less about me so I can talk more about you.

Last Monday we went shopping in Mong Kok. I got lots of goods and lots of deals. I was just going to town on bargaining. Our investigator Vanessa came, The Tuen Mun sister's investigator (German exchange student) Caroline, and one of my dearest friends who you will all get to meet this fall from the first stake I served in --Victoria. It was so fun! (see attached pictures)  They helped me get some good deals and make it out of Mong Kok (Ladies and Flower's street) alive so we were all grateful, and were naturally exhausted.

Tuesday was a day of all finding and we saw so many miracles. One of which being right at the beginning. We met this girl named Ice. (love Chinese English names) It was so humbling to remember how the Lord really does put people in our path like that. We just have to open our mouths and find them. We taught her the restoration I felt the Spirit so strong. She asked great questions and  is the best. Hopefully we can see her again this week. Our member Ming Wai (she's the greatest!!!!) came LA finding with us for over 2 hours, and I was so grateful she was there. Members often don't know the influence we have!

Wednesday we hopped on the MTR to Kowloon Tong for MLC meeting and it was so good. I love everything that President and Sister Hawks teach us. I love them! I can't wait for you to meet them someday. President Hawks said, "if you dilligently study the Book of Mormon every single day of your life you won't go less-active." I've seen so many less-actives here. Returned missionaries who have been through the temple and have families. But a promise like that just reminds me of the importance of commandment and covenant keeping. It's true and it's real. Then we taught Vanessa that night. We focused on teaching her about the Spirit again. She's getting it. We shared the mormon messages about "light" from Elder Bednar. It's a 3 part mini-series have you seen it? You should look it up. Vanessa gets how the Spirit works now and is well on her way to being baptized next month! I love her. 

Thursday- We finished Weekly planning in one day. In under an 2 hours actually. That's a miracle in and of itself. I can't really remember what else happened that day. Days run together... but we went finding. It was good. And we visited some members and taught a lesson. OH BEFORE I FORGET. WADE YOU'RE THE HIT OF MEMBERS AND INVESTIGATORS IN CHINA. Everyone loves your 10 commandments rendition. Good on you! Thanks for your help.

Friday- Zone meeting was so fun. We changed our goals and actions and presented them to our zone. We had a great time and got our zone excited for the next month. Moves calls is this week but I'm not nervous. I think I'm staying right here for the next year or so. We also had Zone 24 exchanges. Sister Aguilar came to Butterfly with me and in a 20 minute finding session (it's all we had time for) we taught a woman who was so prepared. Heavenly Father answers prayers, you know what I'm saying? She said she saw, but didn't talk to missionaries last September but was too scared to talk to them. We taught her right there how to pray and about the Book of Mormon. God is involved in the details of our lives. We then taught Erica (who is doing great-- she's reading AND praying!!!!!!!!!!) and had English class, and then we had a spiritual lesson where we read 1 Nephi 1 with her. She's the best. Also so fun to be with Sister Aguilar again.

Saturday- woke up did studies and then Sister Aguilar and I were interrupted in language study (right between ching and chong.. you think I'm joking........) to heart moving beating drums. It was the dragon dancers!!!! Did I tell you about this last year? They go everywhere all over Hong Kong. And they beat these loud drums so you can know they are coming. Then finally the dragons show up and do tricks and all sorts of acrobats. Needless to say, language study became harder with the pink and yellow dragons 34 floors bellow us. I got some videos. I'll show them to you someday..... you'll love it. Then we had district find, met a great new investigator (she already had a Book of Mormon!) switched back companions and then it was time for the ward New Years party. It was a wild hit and I was laughing so hard the whole night!!!! I love Butterfly ward. They're another big family that I didn't know I had.

Sunday- was fast Sunday and so good! Chan Hingdaih our cute correlator even mentioned me in his testimony! I almost sobbed like a new born baby right there. We got 2 new ward missionaries (we have an army now) and then we did some finding in the rain and then studies.

Wow sorry I promised that would be shorter and look at me! I apologize. But let me just close with my testimony. Family--I know this church is true. I know that as we are on the Lord's errand we can't fail! We just have to follow the promptings that the Lord puts in our heart even if they seem strange or we don't know why. I love this work and i love the Hong Kong people. No matter how many people say No I'm going to keep searching for the ones who will say yes. They're out there and I'm praying and looking for them. I love the Book of Mormon. I'm in my reading in 3rd Nephi and I love reading about Christ himself teaching. It's all true. I love you all! 

Have a wonderful week and a Happy Valentine's day!!!!!
Love YOU SO MUCH.
xoxoxoxoxo
Love, Paak Jimuih



No comments:

Post a Comment