Monday, February 24, 2014

Elder Holland has come into town!!

(sing that subject line to the tune of Santa Claus is coming to town)
....we'll get to more of that in a second:
Dear Family and friends,

Hello!!!! I have so much to share and don't know where to begin.

Monday was great we went bowling with the district, I played a game of all or nothing meaning: i either got gutter balls or strikes, (my bowling teacher at Snow College would have been so ashamed) and we ate at a Japanese burger place called MOS. Have you ever heard of it? Is it a HK thing? I forget which things are American and which things are just a China special. Anyways, it's really good. We taught a new investigator named Yeuk Seun and then I was asked to speak in Stake Conference next month. Yeah let's all pray that March never comes. I'm going to throw up. 

Tuesday we had Zone conference. President and Sister Hawks.. how do they do it? It must be exhausting to be inspirational all the time. They taught us about turning points in our lives and how they can inspire us for the future. We learned how to better teach the first vision and how to work with the units. This work is so important. Every time I teach the first vision I get goosebumps because it's true. It's all true. You know?

Let me pause with this week's miracle story:

It has been a good week in Butterfly. We had a huge miracle this week. We met a mom named Rainie (Siu Jimuih) a few weeks ago while we were less-active finding. We talked to her and her daughter in the elevator and invited them to English class. When we called them later Rainie said she had read up all about our church and her friends had also told us we were evil. After some testimony baring and inviting her, she agreed to meet with us. We saw her again the day before we were supposed to see her and she cancelled again. We were so sad, but told her we would call her. She just seemed different. There was light in her eyes. We called her again and just asked her if we could meet her at the benches below her apartment building. She agreed saying she didn't want to go to the church.

We met her and just spent a lot of time answering her questions and doing How to Begin teaching. We asked her if it would be okay if we could share a brief message with her. After the opening prayer she was crying. Instead of asking her why we just sat and listened. The Spirit spoke to her and she told us that she had met with missionaries of another church before and she never cried. She also said it was her first prayer. She then said "When can I go to your church?" We met her the next day with a great member and she believes the Restoration is true! She came to church yesterday with her daughter and is doing so good. The Lord really is orchestrating this work. My heart swells and my eyes water just thinking about her. Her daughter Tina might be the most precious thing since the phrase "cute as a button" was conjured up by an accomplished tailor. But really. Can't wait to take a picture of them so you can join me in some drooling! They really are too good to be true.

Wednesday brought some good finding time. Also I realize I complained last week about the cold weather but now it's taking a turn for the warm and I could be happier. We knocked on some doors in the middle of no where and gave a man with cancer named A-Sin the copy of the Book of Mormon. (our ward is doing a 40 day fast for missionary work. they're great, and we're trying to give a copy of the Book of Mormon out every day with a member's testimony in it.) 

Thursday. We got to teach Jennifer and her husband A-Chung. I love them too much. A-Chung is so logical but he is as tender as all get out!  I love them. We brought them some brownies fresh from our rice cooker (picture attached) and taught the Restoration. They're the best. Keep praying for them!

Friday and Saturday were great. But I'm antsy to talk about Sunday. So forgive me to skip ahead to this.
Sunday: not only did Rainie and Tina get their cute selves there but so did Choi Lai Wah! Are you still breathing because I nearly fainted when I saw her walking up the way. She hasn't been to church in over 20 years! The Lord really touched her heart and I am humbled to witness such a miracle. We had some great Sunday time and then that night, Elder Holland spoke to the members of Hong Kong from the Wan Chai building. It was broadcast to all the the Stake Centers so we watched it from Hung Shui Kiu. He spoke about pioneers and how we are all pioneers in this dispensation. He spoke about three points for all members to remember
1-We are the first dispensation to not run from Babylon but to turn around and face it. WE must all stand as disciples of Jesus Christ.
2-WE live in the dispensation of the fullness of times. We don't know how good we have it.
3-This dispensation has an assignment it is to prepare the earth for the return of Jesus Christ.
Elder Holland bore powerful testimony and he said, "I know Jesus Christ lives. I'm more sure of this than I know that you sit there and I stand here."

I am the luckiest missionary out here! I love this work and I know it's true. I add my witness that Jesus Christ lives and that because he lives no matter our struggle, we are never alone. I love you all so much. Thank you for all your words of kindness and support. 
Love you so much!!!!
Love, Paak Jimuih

ps- I get to shake Elder Holland's hand tomorrow. I'm repenting as we speak.
pps- I am going to the temple next week so I won't email until later :)
Love you!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment