Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy (American) New Year!!



Family!!!!!! HAPPY 2014. (on a side but true note, I have been dating all my stuff for 2012... I'm a mess. My brain is a world of confused & can't fathom how the year 2014 is our modern day reality.) I want to thank everyone for all the Christmas cards I've received!!! I love all the notes and feel so loved. Thanks to each and every one of you for thinking of me while I'm on the other side of the world. You know who you are & give yourself a nice tight little hug from me. 
So, Greetings it's me!!!! Oh my soul how are you all. I hope so good. 
Dad- loved your email and I'm so glad you aren't stressed for this new year. Here in China school is all I hear about. They got off work for Christmas but now life is sanfu and they all have tests for the next two weeks. So if kids are complaining about a homework assignment or quiz tell them to remember the kids in China and to cheer up. 
Mom- I love the Book of Mormon idea. I'm towards the end of Alma in my reading right now but I'll hop on the train with you all... someday ;) Ga Yauh on the Palmer Family Yearbook. You are so awesome to do all that. Seriously I am so impressed with all you do. I love that you went to the temple, we get to go in about 2 weeks and I am so excited! Also your scripture study plan looks awesome! Can't wait to hear all your insights. Also- how is that teacher doing that you gave the Book of Mormon to? I'm praying for him! 
Mckay- Elder Trainer Palmer I mean. You would you little rockstar! So proud of you. You're so young and so strong. I love that you hid from your little new trainee.. I can't really picture it, but I mean I like it. Is your new companion from Hong Kong? He looks familiar? I don't know. Maybe I'm delusional. You're such an example to me.
Spencer- hope you're icing that hip flexer. Yikes that sounds painful. What is the healing time for that? Also, you're too young to be falling asleep before New Years!!! That's funny though and I'm not that surprised! Are you excited to go back to school. Who are you asking to the sweethearts dance?
Wade- I'll have you know you're like the mascot of our apartment in Tuen Mun. I tell all the sisters I live with about you and give a "Wade moment" occassionally. Their personal favorite is your costume from Halloween 2012. You're the best Mrs. Weasely there ever was.
Rachel-You're as cute as ever! I'm so glad you got to go swimming for Christmas break. Mom's the best mom ever. Are you excited to go back to school? What are you learning about right now? I loved 5th grade and I'm sure you are too.

Alright so here's where I take some time and tell you all about China. Are you excited? I don't have a ton of time so Here's what I like to call  a daily highlight:

Monday- after our Pday we went LA finding. And what do you know, we found someone and they let us in! She's 16 and her name is Linda. She got baptized when she was 8 but literally doesn't remember a thing. Her mom is a former that never got baptized. We shared a mormon message "Your True Identity" by Elder Uchtdorf and shared about the nature of God, the Book of Mormon and prayer. It was such a good lesson with them both. We rescheduled them and I love them already. The mom thinks she's Buddhist but she just doesn't remember God right now, so we're working on that.

Tuesday- We taught little dream of a Mom Mandy. She is progressing so well and is excited to be baptized in February. She's a dream and said her only concern about baptism is if she has to go visit her Mom if she's in the hospital. I may or not have been grabbing my chair to keep me from jumping up in excitement. We also had two dinner appointments that day and I felt like I had to be rolled home by Sister Aldana I was so full.

Wednesday- Exchanges! I went on Exchanges with Sister Morgan. (you all would love her she's like a mix of Heather and Aubrie.. so naturally you all can't wait to meet her) and Sister Aldana stayed in our area with Sister Morgan's companion the dream of a sister, Sister Choi. We had a great day! I loved it. They have this investigator who is like unto a hobbit-- named Jeung Hingdaih. You all would love him. If not in this life I'm introducing to you all to him in heaven or the millenium.. which ever comes first. He lives in the cutest little house on the side of a mountain. He's supposed to be getting baptized soon and is just the most prepared soul with the cutest sweaters. We also taught Vanessa, (picture attached) who actually lives in our area (!!!) about the Book of Mormon, great lesson and fun exchange.

Thursday- Mission Leadership Council at Kowloon Tong. If I've said it once, I've said it at least 1,000 times, I love President and Sister Hawks!!! The meeting was so good, they are so inspired. My favorite thing that President Hawks shared was when we were discussing finding. He shared that even if we feel inspired to go somewhere and then what we feel like nothing happens, that just isn't the case. He said that "someone will be touched by the Spirit, either them or you." I think that goes with all things, particularly callings in the church. Sometimes what we think is inspired at first may yield little visible results. But maybe that lesson we taught was for the Spirit to bare witness to us personally about what was shared. We are the ones who choose to be changed.

Friday- Zone Meeting. Sister Aldana and I did a training about involving Christ more in our missionary work. Really visualizing he is there, you know? I love love love Elder McConkie's talk from Conference. This talk is so true and we based some of remarks from it. Whom the Lord calls he qualifies.

Saturday- Lessons, language pass off's and finding. Thanks to Hong Kong's British influence, I may or may not be speaking English in a British Accent when I'm not speaking the Cantonese. In fact, when I did numbers with my District leader yesterday we went ahead and were just both using accents and I didn't even realize until I got off the phone... It's fine. We went LA finding and one of the LA's yelled at us through the door that she couldn't talk because she was in the shower. UHHH what?

Sunday- Best Sunday in such a long time! Mandy is 3 for 3 weeks with a dress on, a new investigator named Queen (pronounced Quinn) just showed up and so did a lady named Yuki. We also had 3 LA's come and it was just the best. Also our new correlator Chan HD may or may not be the greatest correlator ever. We had ward correlation yesterday and it was something worthy to be featured on a District clip. Butterfly ward is changing and miracles are left and right. Fast Sundays are the best Sundays. I love fasting. 

Family! There are so many miracles I don't have time to write, but I want you to know how much I love each and every one of you. This church is true! I am not alone. We never are. We are loved more than we will ever know by our Heavenly Father who leads and guides us if we will but humbly ask him. I love Hong Kong, I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for my opportunity to serve here. I am grateful for Sister Aldana and the Butterfly ward. Things are getting busy and I am so grateful for all that the ward entrusts me with. Pray for Mandy, she is such a miracle and I'm humbled by the opportunity to teach her. 

Have such a good week back at school. Love you all so much!!!! Thank you for all you do for me!!!!!
Love, Paak Jimuih 



No comments:

Post a Comment