Sunday, December 29, 2013

24 years and 2 days until Christmas!!

This is a wee bit late being posted!!! We had a wonderful time talking to Ashley on Christmas!!! She is doing wonderful!!!Only 4 months til she's home!!! I think I just might make it!!
FAMILY!!!!!!!! SINGDAAN FAAILOHK. Merry Christmas to one and all. HOW IS IT CHRISTMAS? It is finally starting to get chilly here, the Celsius took a turn towards zero and the humidity here threatens to give my back bone scholeiosis (sp?) because I shiver BUT IT HAS BEEN A MIRACLE WEEK HERE IN BUTTERFLY. So good! The pictures from this week are with the Elder's that we serve with in our ward outside our church building, (they're too much... honestly) and then with one of my favorite ward member's Himmy. But let me take this time to talk about two of my biggest hero's-- Shelley and Eldon Palmer. Or Sheldon as their celebrity nickname so perfectly dubs them. YOU TWO. I owe you so much. I think it's appropriate to say, my life! Honestly. Thank you for being married for 24 years and here's to eternity. I love you so much. Thank you for loving each other and leading our family in righteousness. I have learned a lot about families since coming on my mission. I have seen what works and what doesn't. But you two get it. You understand that it's about covenants and loving Heavenly Father the most, and you have raised our family after that. I am so grateful. Forever grateful that I was born into your family. Happy 24 years you too!!!! LOVE YOU.

Alright are you ready for me to get selfish and talk about me?
Monday- such a busy pday. We learned how to make Red Bean Soup from a ward member ( a dessert here... it's so good, I will make it for you someday!) we did shopping, I ate a English Muffin for dinner and remembered that I actually love English muffins and am grateful that they sell them here in Hong Kong. We went less active finding because it was so cold and my heart went out to those serving in Russia-- because my fingers are still defrosting.

Tuesday- WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS. It was such a raining day, so cold, I thought about buying rainboots and a slicker jacket to match. I settled for tights instead. We had district meeting, and then taught our investigator and dream of a woman Mandy. She is honestly a walking miracle. May I indulge you all with what she said after our stop at "how to begin teaching" (reference PMG chap 10) she wants to meet with us because she wants to become clean of guilt that she feels and come closer to Christ. Yep I wanted to pass out because I felt like Alma when we talks about being overcome with joy. That was me. That day we also visited Lahm Jimuih to get her cute self to church on Sundays. We had a great lesson about the sacrament, and she committed to coming to church. We made mexican food for dinner, (MOM Don't judge my cooking!!! hahaa) and then sat next to our fireplace, the heater, and defrosted my toes.

Wednesday- We got to see everyone we scheduled. This may be like the 2nd day on my mission this has ever happened. We got stuck in a less-active's house because she wanted to rant about her son's that are in jail. I really do feel bad for her but after 40 minutes of her talking and not being able to get a word in, I prayed for more charity and listened some more. Later we saw an investigator that we had found the week before. Her name is Linda. She's 30, married and no children. The day we found her I saw her on the train platform and she was wearing a bright pink coat. I felt the Spirit step me forward and we talked to her. Before the train ride was over she was giving us her phone number before we even had to ask for it. So on Wednesday We taught her on the water front about the Restoration and she totally gets it and wants to read the Book of Mormon. Then later we taught another new investigator named Lisa who is just the cutest. She has a daughter named Dora who is 5 and they gave us Christmas Cards and Bread and we gave them a little church tour. The next day Lisa called me back and said she had talked to her husband about meeting with us. My heart started to beat so fast.. But! He said "Yeah why are people that go to church happier?" So I mean can't wait to start teaching this whole family! 

Thursday- We finished all of weekly planning in one sitting. Shout out to all missionaries out there and any returned ones who know what a miracle that is. Then we went to this park in our area that we'd never been to. The only people that wanted to talk to us was a girl with a wig, fake eyebrows, and no eyelashes, and another girl who was eating and talking to herself but then started saying her number the second we started saying hello. So I mean it was successful? Then we went to a dinner appointment with some of our members at... wait for it... Outback Steakhouse. They were the funniest family, seriously I was crying in laughter. The food was really good... but as we left the restaurant I had a frightening thought and an even more frightening realization-- i missed rice and I think my taste buds have changed.

Okay so I'm about out of time let me share some highlights
-We taught a not so less active named Jennifer. SHE IS THE BEST. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. And get this- She wants us to teach her husband. Hopefully we will start teaching him this or next week. She said, "yes I think he will accept it and then we can go to the temple to be married." FAMILIES ARE FOREVER. GAH. She's the best. Families are the best.
-Another investigator, Isis. Nothing short of another miracle. She has done some research about our church, which always makes me nervous, but nope she is solid on finding truth and she asked a million RELATED questions as we taught the restoration. She's the greatest.
-Mandy came to church yesterday............ AND SHE WORE A MODEST DRESS. AWWWWW I may or may not have had tears form in my eyes. She's basically a member. Pray for her because she is getting baptized soon.
-Mak-Mak finally got to see that little righteous chinglihn. She still wants to get baptized this Sunday... but her Mom is still ignoring her! If not this Sunday then she will soon. I know it. Christmas miracle anyone? See you there.
-We got a new mission correlator!!!!!! Listen I love our old one but our new one is a fiery ball of direction and miracles are going to keep abounding in Butterfly. Three cheers for Chan Hingdaih! HIp hip hooray x3.

AWWW I have so much more I want to say. I feel like this email just doesn't do what I'm trying to relate. But things are so great. God is too good, and I love talking to these Chinese people about Jesus Christ. As I ponder his life, and try to become more like him, I realize how much God loved us to send his very best. Jesus Christ lives and everyone needs this gospel! It is a message of peace and love and I am so happy to be here in China sharing it.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. TALK TO YOU SO SOON!!!!! How is it already this time? AWWWW LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Thank you for your love, prayers, emails, and pictures.

Love, Paak Jimuih



No comments:

Post a Comment