Friday, July 26, 2013

You're having a birthday and I'm shouting Hooray!!

Family!!!!!

Mom, you're up first. It's your birthday this week, are you so excited?!?!?! What fun things do you have planned? I love you so much and hope you eat double of all your favorite things. One serving for you and another for me. Rachel, you're next. You little cutie cutester, 10 YEARS OLD. WHAT. Oh my sweet heart. I remember when you were merely an infant not too long ago. I wish I could just pick you up and rock you to sleep like the old days.... but I hope your birthday is everything you've ever hoped for and Dad buys you a pet owl that you name Hedwig. That is my wish for you. Mom my wish for you is that you stay looking skinny. Also Happy 70th to Grandpa Gooch!!! wow! So exciting!

Well this week was another unforgettable week here in Ma On Shan, Hong Kong,China, World. Alright so here goes another list of miracles, laughs and unconnected thoughts compiled together.
-Ann and her cute Fam are doing so well. Ann is praying and reading on her own... which is a huge miracle. Before we'd invite her to pray and she told us straight up no (no in English... Don't worry there is no such thing as 'no' in Chinese. This is both a blessing and a curse) BUT the whole Ho Family came to church yesterday. We taught the cute Ho mother (Lisa) on Saturday with Ma On Shan's relief society dream of a president and it was such a spiritual lesson. We are currently helping her make friends. She loves the change she is seeing in her husband and children. (Her husband used to drink 3 bottles of beer everynight) and now they are all scheduled to be baptized on August 18th!!!!!! I love them so much. They are the cutest family ever. So humble and they really love Sister Olsen and I which is a great bonus.
-I'm not going to touch alot on this, but Wong Jimuih hasn't been answering our calls. We don't know why.. and we don't know what to do. We can't just go visit her because Hong Kong has crazy privacy laws and they get crazy with us and our black name tags. We have to call up to her house if we want to visit and she has to grant permission... which since she won't answer our calls makes it really tricky, if not basically impossible. It mostly just makes me so sad. I don't even know what happened. Sister Lau (RS pres) is going to call her this week... I just thought Wong Jimuih was our friend and 2nd Mom if nothing else. But on the 180 degree flip side her son A-Ray is just a blossoming spiritual butterfly. He has committed to get off coffee and keep the Word of Wisdom. We will hopefully see him tomorrow but he has such faith. We haven't wanted to bring up his Mom thing this past week to see if we could get a hold of her on our own.. but this week we might have to have a little chat to see what's going on. Pray for this sweet family! Sister Olsen and I just love them oh so much!
-A while ago at a multi-zone conference President Hawks shared the thought that we should "treat everyone as though they are going through something really hard because 90% of them are." I've been thinking a lot about this lately and have found it to be true. Sometimes while we're out finding and chatting it up with people they will share with us the most personal things and we just met them. Our investigators as we get to meet them further they seem so happy on the outside but inside small parts of their hearts are breaking. It's incredible because the gospel is the only part for those broken parts to become not just whole, but better and more complete than they were before.
-This week as I'm sure you all know was my 11/12 Birthday. (You all know how I love celebrating partial milestones and how some may consider this unecessary, I consider it to be a NECESSITY) Anyway, my dream of a companion, Sister Olsen really, truly outdid herself. She had Sister Foong special order our favorite Coconut rolls with DOUBLE THE COCONUT. Is your mouth watering? Oh my heck so is mine and my eyes are too. Isn't that the nicest thing you've ever heard? Happy 11/12th's and I frankly didn't deserve such a kind and thoughtful gesture. As we were carrying them home everyone was freaking out. China thinks we're fat. It's fine. Our building guard doesn't look at us the same.
-Jessie is such a miracle!!!!! I can't wait for you all to meet her someday. She just makes my heart sing! So since she just learned the Word of Wisdom this past week and so earlier in the week she had tea. In her baptismal interview yesterday our district leader wants her to be sure that she won't drink tea anymore so her baptismal date has been pushed back to August 4th. Which is great, build her faith, teach her more, and shower her with God's love.
-Speaking of Jessie, she asked me to baptize her this past week so we got to take a second to re-explain Priesthood authority. I'm grateful for these teaching moments.
-Right now, we're working on how to help our investigators really get the Book of Mormon. In personal study I developed this plan a while ago called "15 Days closer to Christ." It has 15 days, a question and then a short boufaahn of scripture that answers that question. Well I found it in my old notes, Sister Olsen was on board so it's been resurrected and now being given to all of our investigators. We are trying to teach our investigators the power of this book, by showing them. Pray that they will continue to do it and understand it!
-Last miracle is yesterday, one of our members brought her older sister and daughters to church. They are visiting from Canada (shout out to Klayton, they are from Edmonton and were impressed when I asked if it was close to Calgary) and it was their first time coming to our church! We really hit it off with their daughters, and they'll be staying for a month. Sister Chan invited us over tonight and we get to teach them all!!!!! Miracles miracles miracles i tell you. 

Okay I love being a missionary. I love it so much! I never want to stop. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I know he gives us tender mercies everyday and they don't occur randomly. I know God loves us so much. I know Jesus is the Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true.
Well I love you all so much and can't wait to hear about the happenings of Elder Palmer! (Paak Jeunglouh)
You're all in my prayers and I love you so very much!!!!! 
Love you forever!
Love, Paak Jimuih

No comments:

Post a Comment