Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Miracles, Miracles, Miracles

Here is the latest from Ashley. She emailed a little later this week since she was able to go to the temple. Goodness I love her so much!!!!                                                                                            FAMILY- I I have no words. Honestly. I am just so happy that a- I'M GHETTO and in the Apple store again and b- MCKAY SOUNDS SO GOOD. I have been praying for him so hard. AND HE SOUNDS LIKE HE IS JUST LOVING THE MTC. gahhhh Heavenly Father is so very good to our family. I love that we are both on missions and experiencing this together. It is the hardest and best most wonderful thing we could ever do with our lives!
Okay thank you so much for the emails and the 411's about your cute lives. I find myself again in the apple store soooooo... it's fine. THIS WEEK WAS INCREDIBLE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN.
Here's a list:
-Sister Olsen bought a pair of haircutting sheers and took a snipsnipsnip to my hair. I wasn't even nervous... I really don't care anymore.. but she was freaking out! hahaha She did awesome. Get her a barbershop and a singing quartet to go with it!
-Remember how back in my Snow Coll days and it was homecoming week and I prayed so hard for no rain and then it rained? Well fast forward from then to now. I call one of our investigators Chan Taai Saturday night to double check she's getting her 80+ year old self to church and then she tells me I'm coming if it doesn't rain. So it was like crazy dejavu as I prayed so hard last Saturday night for no rain. It rained throughout the night and (WHEN IT
 RAINS IT POURS HERE!) but Sunday morning the skies were clear and I know Heavenly Father answered and heard my prayer. It was such a miracle. Also thanks again Dad for helping me with those letters for Homecoming nearly 3 years ago. I haven't forgotten and I am still grateful.
-Okay are you all sitting down. Because now is the time for me to pull out the big stories. For example: 2 of Sister Olsen's and I's investigators will probably be baptized at the end of this month.. aka on Miss Rachel Diane's birthday!!!!!!! Back Story:This week we turned over our investigator Crystal to the Kowloon Tong sisters because she was moving next month. Which I was really sad about because she was really progressing and nearly getting close for baptism. However, President Hawks had made an announcement recently to make sure that people are being taught in the ward's where they live. So even though we were being selfishly sad we followed the Lord's will and turned her over. It went well and I was just going to miss her. Then what happens? We get a call from the Tai Wai Elders (my old comrads) and  they say they have someone to turn over to us who was progressing just like Crystal and should be baptized at the end of this month?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!! Heavenly Father works after we have faith to follow and be obedient. It was so incredible. We are meeting Jesse this week and are so excited to help her continue to prepare herself for baptism.
-The other investigator who is going to be ready real soon is named Ann. (not Anne like Anne of Green Gables, love her regardless.) Anyways she is 12 years old and her dad only speaks Mandarin (he can understand Cantonese but can't speak it. pretty common here) Anyways so the Mandarin missionaries are teaching the parents and we get to teach Ann. (because her parents have a ton of questions and she gets bored and starts running around soooo yes.) We have been seeing her every other day and I simply love it. Yesterday we drew out the plan of salvation together and then after we taught it Sister Olsen and I had her teach it back to us. It was such a peaceful wish I could capture it on film forever moment. Children really are so pure. I love that Jesus commands us to be like them.  It is such a privelege to be able to help this family prepare for baptism together. 
-Yesterday the craziest most miraculous thing happened. After we taught Ann, we were going out of the church to go finding at a group of chuyns called Lee On. (Leih Ngon) Anyways there's a girl (college age) looking in the church window reading the display. Which is pretty common but usually when we go up to them they run away like we have a shot gun in one hand and a lighted pitchfork in the other. As we approach her she asks, "Who is this Joseph Smith?" We start teaching her right then and there and she's asking questions like "Are Heavenly Father and Jesus the same person?" "Why do we need prophets?" "Can we still receive our own revelation?" "What is the Book of Mormon?" "Jesus REally visited the Americas?" I MEAN HELLO EVERY QUESTION THEY PREPARE YOU TO ANSWER IN THE MTC WAS ASKED. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME. Her name is Eunice and she is a miracle by every sense of the word. pray pray pray we will see her this week. My favorite question she asked me was "How come other Christian churches don't read the Book of Mormon?" I responded "Because when they read it and find out it's true they join our church." This has never happened to me my whole mission. I hate the word "golden" to describe investigators nevertheless she comes pretty close and she had to go to school but before she left she said, "Thank you so much for your time... Can I see you again?!?!?!?" I nearly wept like a new born babe! While this was all going on, a man came up to Sister Olsen and started asking her "Who mormon is?" And so there we are in front of our church just simletaenously teaching the Restoration. I will be forever grateful for this tender mercy that Heavenly Father granted us. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

I have loads more and no time. Good news P-day is coming again sooner than later so I will write more then. I love you all so much. I love being a missionary and I love the Hong Kong people. Ma On Shan truly is the greatest place on earth. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I am so grateful we have a prophet who leads us today! I know families are forever and I am so grateful for all of you. 
Love you all so much forever and ever!
Love, Paak Jimuih

ps can you DearElder this to Paak Jeunglouh aka McKay my fellow comrad against sin?
pps sorry this is so short and not really funny. I'm just so happy and can't express myself.

say you'll still keep me. sayyyyyy itttt. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment