Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mckay's Farewell!!

Holy Chinese Fish balls and Pig troughs!!!!!!!! gaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA (I'm laughing because I am so happy for you!) I was thinking about you all night before I went to bed and I am so sorry Mckay but I slept straight through your farewell. But I prayed for you before I shut my eyes and so did all the sister's I lived with. I just love you so much.But I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Your talk was perfect and I can't wait to have a printed copy to highlight, reread, and cherish. SEND MORE PICTURES. McKay, I am so proud of you and I love you so very much. I can't even focus right now. Are you happy? Excited? Nervous? YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWESOME. Don't forget how much we love you, and more importantly how much Heavenly Father loves you. He's always there. If there's one thing I know, it's that.

Today is Hong Kong's birthday and so the library's are closed... but do you know what company never disappoints? Our good friend Steve Job's own---APPLE. Yep I'm coming at you live from a MacBook Pro and I couldn't be happier. (Also I couldn't be less classier but I honestly don't care.) I just told the workers in English and Chinese and then Chin-english that I love their blessed nation so I don't think we'll be getting kicked out any time soon. Also today the Elders in our district (who I honestly couldn't love more!) organized an Ice Skating activity. We invited our investigator A-Ray (Wong Jimuih's son) so I am honestly giddy with excitement. Ice Skating in July? Don't mind if I do. Just call me Sister Michelle Kwan.

This week. What a whirlwind. Bulleted list coming at you right now:
-I'll start with the sad news. Wong Jimuih. Apparently they're trying to move their company to Indonesia so she has never been busier... and she thinks she's too busy to see us. Which is frustrating and then I get mad at myself for being frustrated. Because It's like that Elder Holland quote from general conference about how imperfect people are all God has to deal with which must be terribly frustrating but he deals with it and so should we. hmm. I'm repenting but I just love her so much.. even when she doesn't want/make time to meet with us. Ha I'm selfish. I just don't want her to see the gospel as a stressor.. you know.. the whole word of wisdom thing. Thoughts? Insights? I'd love to hear them.
-However, Wong Jimuih's son is just blossoming. I love him. He accepted a baptismal date for August 18th. (Gave it to him and I knew it was a Sunday because it was the day before my birthday.... hahahahaha) Can you believe it?!?!?!?!??!! Such a miracle.
-We had a really cool lesson with the cutest little family in the ward. Their last name is Yu and the mom is a convert of about 15 years and her little sister is also in the ward. The Yu's have a little girl who is honestly the most beautiful doll you have ever seen. Anyways, we taught them and shared a quote from Preach My Gospel chapter 1- about missionary work. The Spirit was so strong as we shared about the gospel blessing families and a brief restoration overview. I then felt the spirit invite me to ask them "who they were thinking about that needs this message." If I've learned anything as a missionary it's that we don't teach people anything. We only help them feel the Spirit and discover the answer inside themselves. The sisters said they want us to teach their parents and help their less-active brother!!!!!! Which is exactly the answer we wanted to hear but it was so exciting to hear them say it and such a miracle. My eyes were basically wet with tears. I love the gospel. It really does bless families.
-Yesterday Ma On Shan ward had 2 baptisms! One was the son of a recent convert from last year, A-May. She is the strongest member ever. (She is the one that referred our investigator Crystal) Her 8 year old son got baptized and then this members Mom also got baptized. Now this Mom is a special case. She is from Mainland and doesn't speak Cantonese and she can kind of understand Mandarin. So what happened was the Mandarins would teach her and then her daughter would translate. But they both got baptized yesterday and it was such a wonderful day!!! The Spirit was perfect. I love Ma On Shan ward. I am never leaving. The members are so wonderful. They're my family. They want to meet you all. Funniest knee gripping moment was when Gwai MaMa (grandma who got baptized) shared her testimony and started shouting and crying at the same time. It was shocking, slightly alarming, and completely touching. Her daughter than translated then shouting and it turns out she was just so happy to be baptized. So cute.
-Our other investigators are doing really well. One other I will mention is we're teaching this girl named Karen who is 19 and just about my favorite person. I can't send pictures this week but I will send more next week. I love her so much!!!!!!!!! She just accepts a baptismal invite and loves the Book of Mormon. I just want to wrap her in my arms and take her to the temple. 
-Other news of note, WE FOUND TORTILLAS. My life in Hong Kong is changed. Sure cheese is $50 HK dollars, but Sister Olsen and I are probably the happiest people in Hong Kong.
-One last thing. We have these billionaires in the ward that ARE THE HANDS DOWN NICEST PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET, who had this dinner party with their high school friends at their house last night and just invited us over to share a message and hear all of their stories. After we shared our lesson Sister Ng talked about what good missionaries we are and that Ma On Shan missionary work came alive again when Sister Olsen and I arrived and that they love us. I almost broke down like Gwai MaMa did at her baptismal service. I don't deserve to be such kind, good people.

Alright there's loads more but no time. I love you all so much!!!! I am loving Alma 36 lately. I love how poignant the stories are in the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is true and it's changing my life one verse at a time. I love being   a missionary and sharing this good news every day in broken Chinese with a smile on my face and happiness deep in my heart. I hope you all have the best week and McKay always remembers how much we love him and how much his Father in Heaven loves him. He will pray more in one day than he used to in a whole week before his mission and it's wonderful. I'm grateful for the miracles I get to see everyday in finding and for the light I get to see touch people's eyes and lives. 

Love you all so much!!! Hurrah for Israel! Have so much fun in the MTC McKay. Take lots of pictures!!!! Email me McKay. Don't forget me. 
Fam I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! forever and ever and ever.
Love, Paak Jimuih

No comments:

Post a Comment