Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I've Never Been Happier

I love that Ashley is so happy while on her mission. It is hard to have her so far away; yet, I am so glad that she can have the experiences she is having and have this great opportunity to teach and serve the people of Hong Kong. I love her!!!
Ashley Palmer
Jun 23 (3 days ago)

to Eldon, me, McKay, Spencer, Wade, Ashley
Family, I honestly don't deserve you all!!!!! I'm so glad Christmas in June arrived on your porch. It was quite the hassle a few P-days ago to try and send that bad boy to you, but I won't waste precious time talking about that mess. Okay so wow to I have a lot to tell you about!!!!! This week was probably the best of my life. I am learning what it means to give myself to the Lord. To really do it. I've never been happier and I never want to leave Hong Kong. Can you all just move here? Let's serve missions here until the second coming and then some. I LOVE CHINESE PEOPLE. Sleeping is a burden and I'm sad when I have to go to sleep at night.
Where to begin? Hi I'm warning you right now this is going to be a mess of an email... without congruency and adequate structure. I'm just so happy!!! My heart could either burst or melt right this instant. I have soooo  many pictures to send this week to. So let's get right to it shall we?
We will revert to lists. Okay so
-last Pday was probably the most fun day of my life. Blake Chan, aka the most outrageous person and best mission correlator took us all to Korean BBQ or shall I say restaurant meets amusement park because YES it was that fun and YES you all need to get yourselves here because you would all love it so much. They have all these meets, veggies that you choose and cook yourself right in front of you (see pictures for reference) Now where is the amusement park part you ask? Well great question. We got to make our own gaak jai bangs, cotton Candy, and ice cream. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I'm hyperventilating all over again just thinking about it. He was so nice to invite Wong Jimuih's son A-Ray too and then those two helped us do necessary shopping and site seeing for the rest of the day. I love the Wong family and I just want to help them have eternal life together.
-We had a turnover lesson from the Sheung Seui sisters and so we had to go on splits. Turns out the SS sisters found a record of a former who they called and had just moved to Ma On Shan. She wanted to cheng us out and take us to dim sam. So I went there with one of the other sisters and met Mary and Sister Olsen and the other sister stayed at our church and taught Crystal. Well Mary (former investigator) is just SO NICE. Her kids are so obedient and nice too (which is rare...that was rude but I'm trying to explain this miracle) and she had two friends over too and they were nice too!!! I kept pinching myself to make sure it was real life. We shared a message at the end and Mary said she would come to church on Sunday. MIRACLE.
-We were able to teach all of our investigators this week, except Wong Jimuih. We kept scheduling her and she had to keep going to Mainland but we saw her several times just as she was getting back from Mainland and we were going home to City One. I love her. Chiu Cap Ngoi Keuih!!!!!!! Keep praying for her.
-So Sister Olsen shared with me recently that her MTC teachers told her to teach lessons while giving Church tours. Let me rephrase that. Make a church tour a lesson opportunity. Teach the restoration and walk around the church. Now I know what you're all thinking in your home on 1050 East-- well duh Paak Jimuih it only makes sense! Well that's what the Spirit told me this week too and so I spent a personal study figuring out the logistics and then this past week we had the opportunity to teach 2 new investigators using this method. IT's a straight up dream come true and the Spirit is just so strong. I'm a soujai for not doing it sooner!
-We got two referrals this week from one member. Are you still breathing? Me neither.
-We survived our first typhoon. It was only a category 3. Feel free to breathe again.
-We had Multi-zone conference and I just was so filled to the brim with inspiration. I love love loved it. President and Sister Hawks is so inspired and makes me want to be a better missionary and human. I have a lot to work on. It's so incredibly humbling.
-Speaking of humbling. Yesterday was top 5 happiest days of my life. I'm not kidding. It was Stake Conference. I wish it was Stake Conference every single day. (Words I never thought I'd put together before my mission.) Anyways, the church rented b
uses and we went to the chapel in Ho Man Tin. First off, everyone said that the would come to church with us ACTUALLY CAME. I was so happy. I could have cried. I think that's what the Celestial Kingdom is like. You look around and the happy faces and realize that you all made it, and you all get to grow and learn together. I almost cried. President Hawks even spoke (in Cantonese--talk about brave!) I saw my MTC teacher, and I was taught so much by the Spirit. I love the Ma On Shan ward so much.
-After Stake conference we had a 2 hour ward council meeting and they discussed how we are going to make this ward double. Yes, ***double.**** Can you believe it? It was so inspiring and incredibly humbling to be a part of. The members here are catching the fire and I am so happy to be here!
-McKay you leave so soon!!!! I think about you lots and I pray you are so excited. You are going to love it. Don't be afraid. I wish I could tell you all the things I want to. But words won't form into sentences but I think it's because the Lord has different lessons to teach you than he has taught me. So just be so excited. I love you so much. I have always admired and looked up to you in so many ways.
Okay family, I think I'm forgetting at least 5 other miracles I wanted to tell you but I made this way too much about me. I want you to know that I know this church is true! Keep praying for these special Chinese children. I love them all so much. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Jesus is the Christ and that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and knows us each individually.
Love you so much!!!!!
Love, Paak Jimuih
Ashley, her companion, Sister Wong's son, and Blake Chan
 This is what Ashley and her companion wear at night to try to stay cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment