Monday, May 13, 2013

The Gospel Blesses Families

What a delight it was to talk with Ashley on Mother's day!! She sounds so great and is really doing well and enjoying the work!! Here is her latest news!!!  SALUTATIONS ACROSS MANY NATIONS! Family-

What a dream come true it was to call you all merely hours ago!!!! You all sound so good, older, and just as cute as ever! I'm sorry that I made it all about me. You all are just the cutest things on 2 feet. How am I so lucky to have you forever?!?! I don't even know. Also- I apologize for the fact that I wasted time throwing in random Cantonese phrases! I honestly kept trying to stop but they just kept coming out! I need serious help. hahahaha. Love you all!

Here's a good story from this past week that I failed to mention on the phone. So there Sister Olsen and I were getting on the train and traveling to our area. It's also easier and substantially less awkward if as soon as you arrive on the train you just talk to the person closest to you and start talking about the gospel. Soooo there we were we got on and there was a rather homely (sorry completely rude but trying to paint a picture here!) man just sitting there. I sat down next to him, gave him a Leih-hou and things quickly took a turn for the worst. He started telling me about a skin condition he was dealing with (showing me his leg and underneath his knees as evidence) and then he asked me how long I had been in China. I told him 4 almost 5 months and then he made up a Cantonese ballad right then and there! The chorus 
of this spontaneous ballad talked about me and how I had only been in China for 4 months. So I mean look for "4 months in China" on the iTunes.... Coming to a radio station near you. I was dying... and it was just so funny because all the people on the train were watching us white Americans as the crazy man sang to us in Cantonese. Too bad filming isn't allowed... because frankly that is something I would like to watch over and over and over. But, by the time I got off the train I was sort of relieved to get away from him. He was overwhelming. But love him regardless. 

Can you believe that we are now teaching Wong Jimuih's sons?!?!?!?!?!? That is the definition of a miracle. And a testament that everyone has their own conversion process. I'm just so incredibly grateful and I just love sharing the message about families and eternity. I don't understand how I am so incredibly blessed to be able to teach them. 

Yesterday in the lesson (sorry I failed to mention this actual good part in the phone call) we asked Wong Jimuih why we were teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and do you know what she said? "BECAUSE YOU WANT ME TO GO TO THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM!!!!" Yes Wong Jimuih that's exactly why!!!! I was so happy. She's incredible. She's a complete miracle from Heavenly Father and I am honored to help her along the path back to Heavenly Father's presence.

In sad news we are going to have to turn Crystal over this week.... She lives in Kwun Tong and no longer works in Ma On Shan so it will be for the better but I will miss teaching her.

Two of our other investigators, Ga-Yih and A-Ying also came to church yesterday!!!!! They are sisters and 12 & 18. Pray so hard that we can teach their family! It will happen. God is a God of miracles.

I feel like I told you all sorts of everything else! Things are great here in Ma On Shan! I love being a missionary. I am honored to be a part of this work and tell the Chinese people that Jesus Christ lives and loves them! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it contains the fullness of the gospel. I love the opportunity I have to repent and be a little better each day. I hope you all know how much I love you. I can't express how much. Happy Mother's Day Mom! I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love, Paak Jimuih

No comments:

Post a Comment