Monday, May 6, 2013

Feiseunghou!!!!





Family, Friends and Gospel Comrads!!!!!!!

WHAT A PLEASURE IT IS TO SIT HERE IN THE SHA TIN LIBRARY AND GIVE YOU ALL A LITTLE SHOUT OUT & A LEIH-HOU. Oh my. Where did this week go? When it was Sunday all over again yesterday I almost slapped myself & thought.... WHAT?! Ha. I can't believe it is May already. BUT YAY FOR MACK!!!!!!! AWW. Washington DC, Spanish speaking. I love that so much. And he leaves basically tomorrow. He must be just the most excited. How wonderful!!! Will you send him my congratulations and Salutations?!?!?! MISSIONS ARE THE GREATEST. And how wonderful that we have 4 serving in our family. I love that so much. Mckay and Mack can give each other slaps of hap (short for happiness) when they see each other. Wow wow wow. I love this.

Alright so I mean all I have to say is here I am and as usual don't know where to begin. How about with everyone's favorite Ma On Shan resident, Wong Jimuih. Did she come to church yesterday? You better bet your HK dollars she did! Did we teach her and she just told us the world's greatest story? I'd bet my life savings on it. Do you want to hear it? Sweet I will give it to you free of charge. So, Wong Jimuih runs a company and does lots of work in Mainland... so she is pretty hard to schedule. Which is fine! We just love her sweet self regardless. Anyways, she told us that this weekend she had to make some deal with the mainland Chinese government and they were being a pain about it. She said she had a faith strengthening experience and told Heavenly Father that if he would help her she would come to Hong Kong and go to church on Sunday. She was able to make a deal and it all worked out. She told us that she know Heavenly Father lives and that he heard her prayer!!!!! AWWW I love her. Also earlier this week, Sister Olsen and I were traveling home and Sister Olsen called Wong Jimuih to try and schedule her. Well what do you know she asked to meet us right then at the church and then she introduced us to her son and we all had dinner together! I was the happiest. I love missionary work.

Crystal is also doing great. She is just right on schedule to be baptized in June... but we might have to turn her over to some other missionaries... Because she doesn't live in Ma On Shan. She works here, but lives like 30 minutes away. So it isn't really fongbihn for her to come to Ma On Shan ward on Sundays. Which breaks my heart...I love her so much! Honestly. She is the world's greatest. We taught her the doctrine of Christ this past week and she started repenting right then and there in her closing prayer. Oh missionary work and singing the song of redeeming love is the world's happiest! EVERYONE NEEDS TO SERVE A MISSION!!!!!

Honestly I love the people of Hong Kong. I love Chinese people so much. I love that I really can't speak the language and most of the time don't understand but that I can love them with every part of my heart. And I pray every day for the gift of the Spirit so that their hearts can be touched and softened. We had a member of the seventy, Elder Wong, visit Ma On Shan ward and he asked us missionaries to stand up during Sacrament meeting. He then spoke to us in perfect English and told us that we need to get 70 more people attending this ward and we are the beginning of huge foundational work in China Hong Kong, and right now Ma On Shan. He also said that we need to be repenting missionaries and the second we sit down we better start! WHOA. 70 more people....! Time to hit the streets and to increase the non-stop talking about Jesus Christ. Which is great because Jesus and house-wife talk is about all I can do in Chinese. But what a challenge and invitation! I love it! Repentance and finding. HERE WE COME.

I've said it once and I will say it again. Ma On Shan ward!!!! I love them! We had 3 cheng out's this past week. Actually, one of the members named Steven I found out is my Snow Coll classmate!!! I was freaking out. We talked about Ephraim and ate delicious pizza with the Elders. Keihsat, really I love most Chinese food. The hardest thing for me is the pigs feet. ohhhh those are rough. But really I am basically addicted to rice and I love that I've said bye-bye to forks and use Chopsticks for lunch and dinner. They are just so much more efficient. Why everyone doesn't use them around the world is beyond me. Okay hi. I'm talking about food. Yikes. Anyways. I'm learning a lot here in Hong Kong. Whether it be Chinese or effective eating techniques, missions teach you a lot about life.

We are going to keep hitting the streets this week for some more finding and hopefully scheduling of people. I'm ready for some new investigators and more eternal best friends! OH here's a good story that I just remembered. We had the funniest thing this past week. We were teaching this boy a lesson on the street and before we could get his number at the end he literally BOLTED AWAY. And when I say bolted I mean whoosh and we was gone. I was dying of laughter. Inappropriate? Mostly. But I wish you could have seen Sister Olsen trying to flag him down and at least give him a pamphlet. hahahahaaha. So good. Apparently he wasn't quite ready yet?

There's a talk by Elder Holland that Mckay you must watch for Sunday night movie night at the MTC. I have been thinking a lot about it actually. Elder Holland says something along the lines of, "this is as real as real life is going to get." And it's true! Real life is serving people and devoting all your attentions and time to serving people. I am learning how to be selfless and trying to learn patience. I want so badly to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. And that's who I will work on becoming now and forever. I love this gospel. It's perfect message changes lives. I am so blessed to wear a black name tag and try to become who the Lord wants me to be. 

I love you all so much!!! Thank you for your prayers, unconditional love, and the weekly funnies! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!!! Talk to you all so soon!!!!! (FOR REALS!!!)

Love Paak Jimuih
(how embarassing found out my name's pinyam is Paak not Paahk) SOOO yeah the MTC lied..... love that dream of an institution regardless!!!!! hahahahaha

ps. ELDER NEIL A. ANDERSON is coming to our mission and we have a special morningside on May 24th!!! Isn't that the most exciting thing ever!?!?!?! We are the luckiest! President Hawks asked me to lead the music so I better get practicing my 4/4 and heaven forbid but you should always be ready for the 6/8!



No comments:

Post a Comment