Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools ........................psych!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIII
IIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY-

Listen I realize you are all in dream land at this point, probably. We had to move again today soooooooooooo yes. Here we are. What a week. Oh my heck. MCKAY IS GOING TO HAWAII?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting saving my Hong Kong chihn right now!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well but of course you are & it is fa la la la la perfect. MCKAY I am so excited for you ya little dreamy paradise sailing boat! I mean of course I wanted you to get your skinny self to the HK but now we are both serving in H missions so let's save people from the big "H" if you know what I mean. Inappropriate slang joke? Probably. But it's real. Mckay I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get excited for the MTC because I frankly loved that place. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't express myself adequately via computer! CONGRATULATIONS ONE MILLION TIMES OVER. Get studying your PMG & the BOM because those & the Spirit are going to be your BFF for the next 2 years. Really I am just so excited. I need to calm down. allllllllllllllllllllllright.

So hi I'm selfish and going to talk more about the me, myself, and I..... I apologize. Family. So there we were at a lesson on Thursday & I get a little SMS from President Hawks. I feel like I am basically companions with him.....we talk a lot. HA. Anyway he asked if he could meet with Sister Foong & I tomorrow..... & so for the rest of the night I was in cardiac arrest. Let's just say I KNEW KNEW KNEW what was coming. Sure enough the next afternoon I was in a little mihntahm with President Hawks and he says to me, "Sister Palmer, is Sister Foong ready to go senior?" I replied, "Yes, but I'm not ready for that." He laughed and said, "I know you're not." I gave him a report of our companionship, the area of Tai Wai, and other smorgishboard (sp?) items. He asked me if I would want to stay in Tai Wai or train a new sister without a Cantonese background in a new area. I made like the missionary hymn states and said that "I will go wherever I am needed to go.".............but seriously I was half dying inside. WHAT. TRAINING AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And poor Sister Foong, being trained by me for 3 weeks and now she is going to be a trainer herself!

Anyway, last night sure enough I found myself in another interview with President Hawks and we talked of the uniqueness of this situation and how yep no April Fooling around in this mission, I start training a brand new missionary with less Cantonese background than myself this Thursday. Go ahead & read that 3 times. No your eyes are not fooling you. I don't know yet if I'm staying in Tai Wai or opening up the new area for sisters in Ma On Shan.............either way I'm not going to eat for the next little bit! Bye bye appetite. We will find out our final destination Tuesday.  I shouldn't be scared. Actually, I don't think it's really fear I feel. More nervousness. I can speak okay but I usually have no idea what people are saying to me in Cantonese. And the fact that my poor little trainee is coming out of the MTC with less than 9 weeks in the language. Oh man. I don't even know the definition of faith. HAHAHAHA. Please pray for me. I KNOW THIS IS THE LORD'S WORK, but man, I feel so small and inadequate. Don't worry I read some Alma chapter 56 today and said if the 2,000 strippling warriors can do it, so can I. Right? 

Alright so this week we moved to a new apartment and for 6 days and then we moved to our permanent apartment today in Sha Tin. Halfway between Tai Wai and Ma On Shan. It's so big and beautiful!!!! We even have a chandelier (complete with dimmer!) in our bedroom. I'll take pictures of it next week when we finish the unpacking and arranging. 

This week was so hard! Everyone of our new investigators that we scheduled did not show up to their lessons and then we would call all of our potentials and they blocked our calls! I'm not kidding at least 10 people have blocked our number! HA. I had no way of knowing how emotionally hard missionary work is before I got here. But it's okay. I know there are ready and prepared souls.... I am not giving up and we are going to find them. We did teach some good lessons this week.... Not as many as I would like, (I really want to teach more to improve my teaching skills!) but the Lord always has the best plan in mind. I just need to work on my patience and learn what that is. So yes, I learned some more lessons in patience this week.

We had 24 hour exchanges this week and another new Sister, Sister Cheung came with me to Tai Wai for the day. We taught Brother Humble, yihk jikhaih Wong Hingdaih, and then we had ourselves a little miracle while out finding. We met this Thai lady (shout out to soon to be Sister Aub Tilley) who moved to Hong Kong over 30 years ago. Her Cantonese is so good, but she can't read characters. Fingers crossed we will be able to schedule her this week and give her a Thai Book of Mormon. She was so sweet and she told us "You are beautiful. You are doing the Lord's work." I was thinking to myself, "Get in my arms, I love you!" hahahaha. Anyway, yes we taught Wong Hingdaih this week, he still didn't come to church. I was so disappointed. But I love him regardless and he is helping (like I mentioned in prior paragraph) with being patient. 

Also this week I experienced my first Hong Kong monsoon. Yes this deserves a whole paragraph to itself. People think I'm crazy but I love the rain!

Anyway, Family!!!!!! Thank you for all your prayers on my behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so very blessed to be a missionary at such an exciting time! Mckay I am so excited to be a missionary along side you! You're a dream island slushie come true! I know this church is true. Thank you for your prayers on my behalf. I'm learning so much as a missionary. I am so happy we were able to celebrate Easter yesterday and remember our Savior Jesus Christ. I love him and our loving Heavenly Father! 

Love you allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you so much! XOXOOXOOOOXXXOO
Love, Paahk Jimuih
 Ashley and Sister Foong on the monkey mountain. Ashley was a wee bit afraid of the monkeys!!

 These two cuties the last night in their apartment, before they moved. Below, Ashley and her companion received word that they would both be trainers this week!!! Say a prayer for Ashley she is very nervous!!!! I know she is going to do great!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter, Mary Moody, arrived yesterday in Hong Kong, as a new missionary. Wouldn't it be great if they had the chance to work together at some point? My daughter also has a blog at sistermoody.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete