Tuesday, March 19, 2013

YOU WHHHHHHOOOOOOO!

AFamily!!!!!!! Greetings. Get in here you little cuties. Hey just so you know the chair I'm sitting in at the library is broken and so I am basically sitting on the floor typing this to you. Just thought I'd tell you that in an effort to paint a picture. Waste of space? Maybe. HA. Anyways, hellllllooooooooooooo! So good to be with you all here on this Monday morning/Sunday evening. MCKAY MISSION CALL?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!! AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIA this is straight to my lungs exciting! I can hear a small group of people outside the library here in Tai Po chanting "Mckay equals HK HK HK". So I think the Chinese people realllllly are thinking you are going to come here. Good news I do too so I can't wait to hear you have been called to the China Hong Kong mission speaking the Cantonese language. Leih haih hou sai lei! Ngoh jidou leih wuih heui Sahn seung leih heui. Daahnhaih ngoh dou heihmohng leih wuih heui Heung Gong! hahahahahahaha sorry I am killing myself here. I need help.
Allllllllrrrriiiiight. This week we began the process of re-building the land of hopes and dreams, Tai Wai. We wanted new investigators and we were **** bent on finding them. We saw so many miracles this week and  I was just basking in the happiness of it. So our dear Wong Hingdaih finally accepted a baptismal date!!!!! Are you all sitting down and still breathing?!?!?!? I know!!!!!! Let's hug about this happiness later. Put a hug date in your planner for March 2013. I'll pencil it in too. Anyway, Sister Foong extended it (& did awesome might I just add) & after resolving a little concern he said yes! May 12th here he comes!!!!!! I love him so much. I can't wait to teach his family because A- we're going to & B- he's a dream come true, and C- I love him. I never knew I could love people that let's be real I don't fully understand. Let me rephrase that, I don't fully understand what they're saying due to the language, but I am by nothing short of a miracle able to teach them and understand how they felt after they share experiences. The Lord understands them and I am just lucky enough to help them come closer to the Lord. Anyway, keep praying for him. He is FINALLY going to be able to come to church in 2 weeks and I am going to get him to Sacrament meeting if I have to eat a half a stick of butter, eat a pot of pigs feet, and not wash my hair for 3 weeks. WHATEVER IT TAKES. 

Mission life is so funny. I wish I could explain it better. Everyday a gazillion probably to the naked eye things happen that are awkward. But let's get real. It's not awkward when you're spreading the good news that not only does Jesus Christ live but that He is coming again! I love thinking to myself the things that Mom used to always say to us, "Be good. Remember who you are... don't talk to strangers..." All of those I still use except the stranger part because everyday I'm just talking to strangers and then giving them a flyer with my phone number on it. It's the best. We had loads of finding time this week and times when you just think to yourself, "What am I doing wrong? Why is no one listening to me?" "If another person says "mh daahang" meaning: "I'm not available" I'm going to lose it. But then you have those finding sessions where people do listen to you, you're able to teach and pray with a girl on the street, and you call people and they actually have interest in seeing you again... it's nothing short of a miracle. This week I am going to increase my boldness and call down the powers of heaven. Because let's be real. This Cantonese speaking tongue of mine needs some divine intervention. I am so grateful for all Heavenly Father has already blessed me with and all the things I can do and say. This mission is such a privilege in every single way possible. 

Yesterday we had a miracle. A girl that Sister Nielsen and I had contacted over a month ago finally came to church!!!!!!! Her name is Bou Yan and she is prepared through and through. We were able to teach her yesterday and she cried as she gave the closing prayer. I KNOW!!!! People told me before my mission that Chinese people don't really cry but I see people cry all the time. Also, Chinese people don't really hug, so naturally I take the advantage of the fact that I am a strange Caucasian American and hug at every opportunity possible. I hugged her and told her that Heavenly Father loves her and knows her family problems. Yes, just another miracle as I see the Spirit speak straight to hearts.

Sister Foong and I continue to work with our other investigators. I am quite worried about everyone's favorite Chinese 20-something, Lulu. I know!!!! We haven't been able to see her since she got back from Mainland. Sister Foong had the brilliant idea to have our fellowshipper call her, so fingers crossed, faith engaged and prayers going Lulu's way that we can resolve whatever is on her mind! I love Lulu so much and do not want to lose her!

Alright funny story of yesterday. After church things were going a little too toothily...smoothly. I honestly just typed toothily. Who knew that was a word? Not me. YIKES. Okay anyways... Yes things were going great for a Sunday. I went and found our mission correlater (my MTC teacher Tai Jimuih's Dad) and asked him if he knew of any service opportunities in the ward. He replied "Oh just keep finding people and bringing them to church." I persisted and told him that we are here to help the ward. Well, he then replied, "do you have time right now?" Sister Foong and I told him we did and then 3.5 hours later, Sister Foong and I were just laughing oh so hard. What did he have us do? Go visit less-active families in typical Tai Hingdaih style. Just showing up. We would just show up at people's houses, he would just walk in and then he would say that "the sisters have a message to share with you." We'd share it, resolve concerns and then head to the next house. It really was one of my favorite Sundays ever. But now I know, if I ask for a service opportunity, it's best to have some time penciled in for it, right then and there. It really was a cool experience, though. Tai Hingdaih is a great example of service and giving everything (lots lots lots of time) to the Lord. It was an honor to spend an afternoon with him.

Family, I love you alll so much. Thank you for your support, prayers, and love. Everyone thinks you are the cutest family ever! I of course agree!!!!! I love, miss and pray for your happiness, safety and health every single day! I know this church is true. I know God loves his children and that's why we have this missionary program. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. I know Jesus is the Christ. I know if we want to be happy, we need to repent each and every day! Repentance is changing my life!

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Thank goodness for eternity.
Love, Paahk Jimuih
p.s. The Chinese people don't understand "youuu-whoo" Such a pity.
p.ss. by the way the Cantonese that I typed in the first paragraph is not even funny. It just says that I know Mckay will go on his mission to wherever the Lord calls him but I do hope it will be to Hong Kong :)
shley's latest!! Woot!! Woot!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelley.
    I hope you are guys are doing great. I love reading Ashley's letters on here. She sounds like she is having the time of her life.
    I just had a question.
    Do you know how many stamps to put on a letter going to Hong Kong?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete