Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Latest from the HK

Ashley's latest email. She has had quite a week.
:Family!!!!! Yooouuuwhhhhoooo! Hello--it is 9:13 am HK time. I am currently attaching photos of the Tai Wai/Sha Tin church that we go to every day. But without another moment's delay, let us take this very important moment to say a big shout out & sing Happy Birthday to the biggest thing to hit the teenage scene--WADE MELVON PALMER. Wade!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have the best day and eat 15 Fun dips. (From the looks of the picture you sent me it looks like that is going to be a must ^_^) Wade, I la la love you so much and I miss you so much every day! Also- MCKAY VON PALMER (yes this is a morning of full names and 'caps locks') Congratulations on your admittance to BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. (Even more proud of you than Big S is of Brady going on a mission) But really, Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! Also-- might I add that I am so happy you will be getting your mission call realllllllly sooooon. That is so exciting. I tell everyone hear in the HK so I will probably buy an advertisement on one of the billion buses here and put your picture on it with where you are going so all of Hong Kong will know where you are going. (I'm crossing my 10 fingers and 9 toes [I would cross all 10 toes but we all know that my right baby toe is basically broken for life and would be unable to do such a thing...it is doing it in spirit] .....anyway that you WILL COME TO HONG KONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Request it on your mission papers okay? Sweet see you here and we can speak Cantonese and eat chicken feet & Mochi galore together.
Okay family, I love you all so much. I can't even express it. Thank you so much for your support and love. I really just love love love you all. 

Now let me be selfish here and tell you about me really fast.
Sooooo.......... a few weeks ago President Hawks called Sister Nielsen and I with a special assignment. As I told you a member of the 70 and some of the mission department were coming to Hong Kong, along with all the mission presidents in Asia, and the Asia area presidency. Yes... some big spiritual people. Anyway they were going to be having a mission presidents seminar for a few days and one of the things they were going to be talking about was "using time wisely." Where did we fit in to this? Well President Hawks asked us and 1 other Elder companionship to be ready to present our planners as part of the discussion. HA. So needless to say these past few weeks I have been cleaning up my planner (erasing things like "call the troops" and rewriting more professional things like "Call investigators and potentials.") to be ready. We also studied a lot about "using time wisely" in chapter 8 of Preach My Gospel. On Wednesday President Hawks called as we were on the way to a lesson (!!!) and asked if we could be in Wan Chai in an hour. We taught a brief lesson, and then sprinted to the MTR station. We arrived and went into this meeting. The spirit was so strong. There were 10-12 mission presidents with their wives and the Spirit was so strong. (ps Aubrie Tilley met your mission president and wife, they were there!) And they asked us to share what we had learned. It was such a wonderful meeting to be a part of. What a blessing to learn about using time wisely is such a way at the beginning of my mission! I am so blessed! I will continue to use these skills I have obtained and know that every moment here in China is a blessing and I will do my best to use these special moments to the fullest. Also, Mom I met Rebecca Evans' sister! Her and her husband I think are serving as Mission President & Wife in the Cambodia mission? Anyway it was so cool to make that connection. It was really such an honor to attend that meeting, (President Hawks was so nice to invite us!) and it really helped me and it will continue to help me a lot.
-Okay hi my English is going downhill fast. Remember miracle Wong Hingdaih that I have told you about? Okay I made the mistake of saying he is the one that is like Hayden Farr's cousin. Let me clear something up. I met a boy that is Hayden Farr in Chinese form but it was right before we met Wong Hingdaih. hahahahha so sorry. I can't type or communicate effectively. Anwyay, Wong Hingdaih continues to be a miracle. We got to teach him this week and he told us about his rough upbringing in Mainland. OH my heart broke for him as he told us of how he was beaten up and he lived in a really rough neighborhood. But he told us that when he prays he really does feel like he is talking with God. I think his wife has unfortunately read some anti stuff, and he is really nervous to bring his sons to church. He has a lot of obstacles ahead but he is reading the Book of Mormon and always thanks us at the end of our lessons saying he "wants to learn more." What a miracle am I right?!?!? I love him. He is so humble and already gets a lot of things it took me years to understand.
-Friday the whole mission went to Kowloon Tong for the big mission meeting!!! It was so fun. Elder Evans (the same member of the 70 we met during the planner presentation) spoke about the power of the Book of Mormon. I said the opening prayer, (I was so nervous, it was in English, but honestly I can't remember the last time I prayed in English so it was really interesting! haha) and then he spoke for an hour and a half on families and then the power of The Book of Mormon. I loved it!~!!!!!! The thing that stuck out the most to me is the importance of having our investigators read from the beginning to experience conversion. We have already begun to implement his council and I am really excited to see The Book of Mormon change lives.
-Thank you for your prayers on our investigators behalves. Now that New Years is over life is beginning to resume back to normal as we can continue to help Chan Jimuih, Lulu, Coco and her family, Wong Hingdaih, and our other investigators come closer to Christ! It is a huge responsibility but I know Jesus Christ is here with me, every step of the way.

Family--- I love you all so much! I just want you to know that I KNOW this church is true. I know it. I know Heavenly Father loves his children and loves to be merciful. I am so grateful for his love and for answering my prayers. I see miracles every day and I feel so incredibly blessed. I know the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost change and soften hearts. 

I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! 
Love Paahk Jimuih
 Sister Palmer doing the Asian Peace sign in front of her ward building.

No comments:

Post a Comment