Tuesday, September 25, 2012

So I haven't blogged since January.

It's September & I haven't blogged since January.
Who am I?
I act like I'm busy & that's all fine & good, but how do I catch up on 2012, undoubtedly one of the best & most life changing years of my life.
There's been a lot that has gone on, but I just want to catch up for the sake of consistency, what is most important.
I'm going on a mission to Hong Kong, China & I leave tomorrow.
I am so blessed & I am excited to be apart of such a great cause & a marvelous work.


In May, I received my mission call to the China Hong Kong mission.
This was something I have waited for a long time & was one of the most magical days of my life.
Later that month I had the opportunity to go through the Mt. Timpanogas Temple & receive my endowments.
I love the temple.
 I had a wonderful summer full of work & fun with my family & friends, & I tried to continue to grow close to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Now the time is upon us where good-byes are inevitable & happening left & right.
But before I close, I would just like to share my testimony:

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives and because he lives we are never alone. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that through his Atonement, we can repent of our sins and find lasting peace. I cannot wait for the day when I will be able to thank Jesus Christ face to face for what he did for me personally. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of God called to restore the true church. I know that The Book of Mormon is true. I know it. I love this book. I have received a personal witness that it is the word of God and that through abiding by the precepts found within it’s pages I can come closer to Heavenly Father. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. I know that through Heavenly Father’s plan my family can be together forever. I am grateful for prayer and I know that it truly changes things. I know that Heavenly Father is the same yesterday, today and forever. Because of this, the things that matter to me matter to Heavenly Father because I matter to Him. I know that I am a daughter of God and that He loves me.

Recently I found this observation by James L. Gordon that sums up why I am going to Hong Kong to preach the gospel:

"A cathedral without windows,
a face without eyes,
a field without flowers,
an alphabet without vowels,
a continent without rivers,
a night without stars,
a sky without a sun
--these would not be so sad as a... soul without Christ."

I will see you all soon!
I look forward to hearing from you.. (addresses on the right)
Check this blog for weekly updates & letter postings by my Mom.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment