Sunday, December 25, 2011

Unto us a Son is given.

Christmas confession: I was too exhausted to blog yesterday, & so I made the decision to blog today.
Quality over quantity.
Anyway, I hope where ever you are reading this,
in your little corner of the world, you're having a Merry Christmas!
(**Disclaimer: due to technological difficulties, quality & quantity pictures will have to wait until my Mom loads her whopping memory card onto the home computer. Carry on...)
Christmas 2011 @ the Palmers has been a wild hit & complete success.
Yesterday, we had our annual Christmas Eve party with the Culps.
I love them.
We had so much fun. We partied until practically midnight.
How lucky am I to have such a fun family?
Christmas morning usually begins @ 8 am MST--right on the dot.
This year we still had car/Disneyland lag so we slept in until a whopping 8:37.
We opened gifts & ate a delicious breakfast before some spiritual enlightenment via the GC6th ward.
Owl hats. The perfect Christmas gift for anyone age 1-92.
I love Christmas time.
There isn't one thing I don't love.
From the lights, tree, music, happiness & a reminder of who & what is most important.
I mostly love giving & focusing on my Savior Jesus Christ.
In the 1st presidency Devotional earlier this month, President Monson mentioned his love of the story "The Mansion" by Henry Van Dyke.
A quote that touched me from the book that I think sums up what's most important is as follows:
(asked by the main character John Weightman) "What is it that counts here?"
(came the reply) "Only that which is truly given. Only that good which is done for the love of doing it. Only those plans in which the welfare of others is the master thought. Only those labors in which the sacrifice is greater than the reward. Only those gifts in which the giver forgets himself."

Merry Christmas. I love my Savior. I'm grateful to know him. I hope to be better in following him & forgetting my selfish ways & sacrificing to those who come into my circle.
That's truly what CHRISTmas is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment