Monday, December 5, 2011

Away in a Manger

With this being my last Christmas at home until my 18 month ecclesiastical sojourn,
Mom is trying to make this a December to Remember.
(rhyme intentional.)
Tonight, we went to see a live Nativity in Alpine.
The temps were a bone chilling 20 something, so the fires were a blessed sight.
A man dressed in period attire told a crowd of people around the fire
"The baby Jesus is real because Jesus is real."
Profound, we laughed, truly profound.
 I couldn't get enough of this camel!
I want one for Christmas.
We have matching red eyes, I'm thinking it's meant to be.
Santa Claus, if you really love me, bring me a camel.
One of King Herod's guards.
This^^ horseman in red inquired as to where all the 2 year old males were.
I pushed Spencer forward.
He was horrified.
Lucky for us, the guard didn't take him & Big S still got to come home with us.
 Inside barn #1 we learned about traditions from Jesus' time.
 Trying some bread,
The morsels of bread were truly delicious. I wanted at least 5 more.
 & then some photo-ops ensued while we waited to see the Nativity scene. 
They're married. What cuties.
Thanks Spencer for this creepy shot.
We entered the barn #2 to see Joseph, Mary, & (a real life) Baby Jesus.
(turns out the man from the fire prophesied truth!)
 Seeing this scene with the hush of a small crowd around us was so special.
It made the Nativity scene so real.
We always go to see Santa, but it was so neat to see the reason for this special season.
Christ lives!
He was born, just like the prophets said he would be.
He lived to make men free.
He died so that all man could be saved.
He was resurrected so that we can have a brightness of hope for a life after this.
Christ lives & I am grateful for a time of year dedicated to focusing on him.
We enjoyed cups of hot chocolate as we left both our hearts & minds feeling the spirit of Christmas.

1 comment: