Friday, September 9, 2011

Little People, Big World

BYU is a huge place people!
huuuuuuuge.
I feel so small.
I'm a junior(?) but I sometimes feel like the university's slowest & confused freshman.
The night before my first day of school I was in fact the most unprepared co-ed on campus.
-I hadn't bought a single text book.
-I didn't know where any of my classes were.
-I didn't have a parking pass.
-I hadn't paid tuition.
But thanks to my mom who still takes good care of her adult 20-year-old, I found my way around just fine.
& now I am just as prepared as the rest of my fellow collegiates. 
(but still learning a great deal as to how things work at this large university)
I'm living at home (to save money for my big sojourn coming up in merely a year[!!!!])
& therefore I enjoy 25 minute car bopping, karaoke singing drives every morning in the 7ish am region.

I don't know that I would say I LOVE BYU yet, but I don't want to waste a single day being unhappy or missing past experiences, so I am choosing to quite enjoying my time here.
& do you want to know what I do LOVE?
All of my professors & classes. 
I enjoy every last one of them. 
Which is a good sign.
Props to BYU for hiring good professors!
(& props to me for enrolling in these classes? ha)
Deseret Book in Provo
Since I am the poorest, but also the luckiest, I am enjoying working both of my jobs.
Carriage Cove office in Provo
Both of my jobs are great, & I am making a promise to NOT procrastinate the day of my repentance!
(aka do my homework early to prevent unnecessary heartache)
For those of you in school, here's to hoping being back at school is making you happy, just like me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment