Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Surprise! & Razor Sharp Water

I love reunions & I love surprises.
Aubrie came to my home last week after I invited her with hardly any notice.
But being the gypsy adventurer that she is, she showed up ready to party--whether the clubs could handle her or not.
She was a good sport as we went to a work out at PG Rec & then rewarded ourselves with kneaders French toast.

Now we let the fun begin.
Jenn, Caitlyn & I had planned to take some tubes on a lake and play in the sun & water.
I hadn't told them I had invited Aub as well, so that's where the surprise comes in.
Typical Caitlyn sacrificing comfort for the greater good of others.
Aub hid in one of the extra red boxes at the Lindon Sugar Sweet stand & popped out completely surprising Caitlyn & Jenn.
Jenn overcome with happy emotions
Gerret our partner in crime.
They are now dating.
Congrats are in order.
No more secrets, just plain fun & reuniting.
We took the tubes up AF Canyon to Tibble Fork.
To say that the water was cold was an understatement.
As Aubrie & Jenn so appropriately said "the water felt razor sharp" & it did. Needless to say we didn't last in the water very long & we were more than happy to get out & snack on our picnic treats. 
We then went back to my home to get ready, but not without a brief visit from Mr. HP himself.
After a round of showers & arrivals of more friends, we went to the marriage reception for Katie & Trevor Heder. They were honestly glowing & my right eye was watering. I was so happy for them.
Caitlyn naturally caught the bouqet & it won't be long before our own
little Ann is tying the knot.
The festivities eventually were made back to my home on 1050 East & we laughed as Wade recited from memory "The Tale of the 3 Brothers."
We went on a not so bright late night drive to Alpine & we socialized some more.
 I love my friends both high school & college.
I love summer adventures & spontaneous fun galore.

No comments:

Post a Comment