Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The One and Only Inappropriate Klayton Thompson

I first met Klayton at the very beginning of the school year when I practically stalked him because I thought he looked like Frank off of the Bachelorette. But we have become quite the best of friends and spend lots of time together. While Klayton tries to put on a facade that he is in love with himself, he is honestly one of the kindest, funniest, and wildly inappropriate people I know.
(my dear friend Heather Farr was kind enough to come along and take notes/snap pictures during the interview.)
1. Color?

(Deep thinking, contemplative) Green and Red. I feel that I look really good in green. But red is the color of my Canadian maple leaf which is the county in which I was born.
2. Food?
Tuna fish casserole. It’s what you might call a comfort food of mine. I just can’t get enough of it. Those Lays chips on top with some cheese... it’s perfect. Creamy and delicious. What’s not to love?
3. Movie?
Charley. No Not Charley. Australia. Love Australia has a great message, also it’s about Cowboys in Australia. Has Hugh Jackman in it world’s 2nd sexiest man alive, only second to myself.
4. Book?
Here’s the thing Ashley, honestly, if I can be honest in this interview... I can’t say I have ever read a book cover to cover, except for one which is The book of Mormon. Although I am a huge fan of Where the Wild Things are. And novels such as Hop on Pop. Most of my life I have used Spark Notes to get me through any book I have had to read.
5. Biggest Accomplishment?
Being on the show [interview] here today is pretty big. Although if I had to choose something different, I haven’t won a Congressional Medal Honor yet, nor the Nobel Peace Prize, I was Captain of the high school Hockey Team and second place at the Science fair... yep that’s about it.
6. Super power?
Always a fan of Wolverine growing up. I spray painted my cheeks for side burn effect. Yeah I think Wolverine is pretty cool. My brother also loves Spiderman and I followed in his footsteps. I guess my super power would be knives just popping out of my knuckles.
7. Favorite thing about Snow
Can I be frank? I can honestly say my favorite thing about Snow College would be A. The geographic, the nature here. Love the small town and the wild animals. In addition to that would be you Ashley, you understand my humor and the cocky facade I put on. Ashley Palmer and Heather Farr. I love you.
8. Worst memory
(perplexed) Where do I start? One time in 7th grade during the first couple of days in Home Ec class I sat next to a young name John Walker. We were sitting next to two of the cutest girls at American Fork Jr. High and John commented on the length of my nose hairs in front of the girls and they made mention and noticed them. Since then I have been shaving my nose hairs.
9. What makes you happy?
Well I have a few of my favorite things like sunshine and rainbows and little dogs barking and brown paper packages tied up with strings... (proceeds to sing the song made famous by Julie Andrews)
10. Two everyday things you can’t live without?
Shaving my nose hairs nahh I rebuke that answer. That’s a big statement. Wow. I do enjoy seeing Ashley everyday, really I do. And of course Heather I love seeing Heather come down the stairs. I love seeing Kimball everyday as much as I hate him sometimes I like to call him if I don’t see him. I also enjoy ice tea.. I mean I used to.
11. Favorite season?
I enjoy Spring a lot. I consider it a transition month, I mean season.
12. Restaurant?
Well as you know I come from a very humble background so I can’t say I have ever eaten at a restaurant. But hypothetically speaking if I did for the life of me I cannot think it. JCW’s. Let’s cancel the interview and go right now.
13. Would you rather have one eyebrow or no eyelashes?
Funny you should bring that up. Actually these are not my real eyebrows. There I was it was the year of 2001.. Never mind this isn’t a true. So wait one eyebrow and two eyelashes? Ok so it would be one eyebrow. I think if I had one eyebrow I would blame it on something and have a good story... This is my interview Ashley I don’t need your interjections...
14. Animal?
Does my little brother count? I would say actually say Animal off of Muppets and Sesame Street.
15. Worst job?
(Readjusts in chair) I have had a lot of jobs is the thing. Ok I got a good one, maybe not the worst but right up there. Used to have a lawn mowing business. Most of the clients were great. They treated me like a grandson and I treated them will all of the respect they deserved. Except there was this one woman who looked exactly like Jabba the Hut. She always criticized my work and her house smelt like pee. Need I say more?
16. Favorite Christmas song?
I could tell you what isn’t my favorite song the Alvin and the chipmunks sing.. hate it. My favorite is White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby.
17. Who is your hero?
Aahhh, my Dad.
18. Pet peeve?
There are a lot of things people do that bug me. However, I am too big of a saint to admit aloud these things bug me. I don’t particularly love it when people are disrespectful to women and children. I believe that children are our future. But really is when girls are overly rude and disrespectful to themselves bugs me the most.
19. What do you consider to be your biggest fashion item?
(Examining jacket...) I like this jacket a lot. Hardly ever wear it. Also by boots are huge as are my glasses.
20. Desired future profession?
Business owner, or manager. It could be taken a variety of different ways. I have always had a dream to own a diner like in the 50's kids would come hang out. We could have pancake contests. Like a ma and pops corner store. But I also really enjoy Agriculture...
21. Favorite vacation spot?
To tell you the truth I never really vacationed. We’ve been over this Ashley, I always go to Canada. Being away from home is a vacation. Like College for example has been a really extended vacation.
22. Nicest thing someone has done for you?
This interview is pretty big actually. I don’t think I can think of specific moments but I just really appreciate the way my parents raised me.
23. If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be?
I’m a big fan of Ghandi and Nelson Mandela. Someone who would give me lots of wisdom, and I would make them TunaFish casserole. If they didn’t like it I would take them to McDonalds.
24. Favorite scripture?
(Big eyes) May I borrow a book of mormon? My favorite scripture would be the same as Billy’s favorite scripture, “God does not pass judgement.” Somewhere in John.
25. What do you love most about yourself?
I really love how well I can adapt to a situation. The Jewish culture refers to this as Moxy. Charisma would also be a good word. I don’t usually let things bug me. Don’t sweat the small stuff. College has been good for me that way.
26. Least favorite chore?
The one’s my dad beat me for if I didn’t do. NO! Don’t put that in there. My dad will beat me. My least favorite chore when I was a kid would be cleaning up our toy room and I had to organize all the toys.
Final words?
I would just like to say that my name is Klayton Thompson, I can’t thank you guys enough for having me on the show today, I have always been a lover not a fighter, I love my Mom and I am going to tell her to read this. I also really enjoy being here at College and I love all my friends. And that everyone takes these words for what they are and nothing more and nothing less. I don’t think there is anything wrong with having self confidence. Love Ashley Palmer and Heather Farr. Thanks Again.

Oh Klayton. I love this guy. We plan terrific parties and gatherings & crack ourselves right up. I am so glad we are friends & I am grateful for the fun times we have had.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Klay for saying you love me, right in front of your friends and everything. I can tell you're finally growing up!! (Sniff) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again - Klay, I have a question of my own.....where did you get that awesome maple leaf sweater? It isn't even ugly! Heart Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ashley, this may be a little creepy, I randomly found your blog via Cailey's blog, but Klayton happens to be one of my best friends! Your interview with him is so Klayton and made me giggle! I adore your blog and your interviews!
    Have a wonderful day, night, whatever!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete