Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Last Lecture

I love to Read.
Most days, especially days like today there is nothing more I would rather do than plug in my electric blanket,  with SnuggieTM also in tow, & get comfortable on some nearby furniture item & read a good book. (A fireplace is a nice but optional luxury to my reading fantasy.)
Unfortunately for me, life continues to happen & my reading radar goes down to bare none.
After all, who has time for light, casual, practically recreational reading when there is school work to be done, meetings to attend, an attempted social life to keep, & the call to get some restful sleep?
{"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand"--Randy Pausch}
Lucky for me in my leadership class, we were required to read a book from a previously selected list.
Upon recommendation I read The Last Lecture.
This book was exactly what I needed to get motivated again & get through the rapidly approaching finals week.
Randy Pausch is such an inspiration to me.
He really knew how to live & what life was all about.
I loved this book.
There are so many timeless life lessons contained within.
Read it.
I promise you will be so glad you did.

2 comments:

  1. I love this book. Graduation gift. So good. I won the parent lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love this.

    in fact, i watched the last lecture last night. so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete