Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Biggest Man on Campus: T-Smith

T-Smith, not to be confused with T-Swift is Snow College's Student Body President. My first encounter with Tucker was the night I interviewed for my position as an SBO. I liked him right from the get-go. Tucker is an amazing leader & he leads our team of 14 officers with the most the most positive incurable vim & vigor I have ever witnessed. Not only is Tucker a commendable leader, he is quite the hilarious comedian & an awesome friend.
This interview was completed at the library on the 2nd floor, Aubrie was kind enough to take notes via short hand complete with a babushka, & Tucker did as he was asked & wore his best dress, which included a new pair of jeans that are about 95% better than his other ones.
1. Me: Color?
Tucker: (After a short pause,) I’d say teal. Just chose it.
2. Me: Favorite/least favorite part of your day?
Tucker:
Favorite: When I saw Aubrie wearing her babushka. (in photo below)
Least Favorite: Awkward tension in the office today.
3. Me: Favorite phrase?
Tucker: Well, I’ll answer. Who has a favorite phrase? I don’t. But I will choose one now. “So chiseled that a chiseler couldn’t even chisel it.”  I’m choosing favorites today.
4. Me: Worst Sickness?
Tucker: The thing that sickens me the most is when girls hair get’s in her lips.
5. Me: Book?
Tucker: To Kill a Mockingbird. Yup, read it in Jr. High.
6. Me: Biggest Accomplishment?
Tucker: I ate six saltines in a minute. But that’s not true I never did that. What am I saying?
7. Me: What song do you feel best describes your life?
Tucker: It’s a song by Josh turner, I don’t know what it’s called. There’s a phrase that goes, “I live in a city but I don’t fit in. Don’t you know it’s a pity the shape I am in.” I was meant to be a country boy. (Tucker then puts one hand to his brow whilst completing some reminiscent singing.)
8. Me: Favorite Food?
Tucker: Ahhh, mashed potatoes and gravy. You can never have too many mashed potatoes and gravy.
9. Me: What is something most people don't know about you?
Tucker: I have no chest hair. (Awkward glance)
10. Me: Favorite thing about Snow College?
Tucker: (he repeats the question for emphasis) There’s a little rope swing up in the mountains, and I am liking to go there sometimes. (said in an evident Spanish accent.)
11. Me: Going right along with that, favorite/least favorite thing about council?
Tucker: Favorite: I enjoy the relationships I have built. I feel like I learn something new every day. I really do. I feel like I am building characteristics in my self that I will use for the rest of my life. Plus I really like the sweet activities. Plus I really just love Snow College, and I just really like to be in the throws of what’s going on. Least favorite: ummm another favorite, no never mind that’s fine. Least favorite: I am serious. Being under the microscope, if that makes sense?
12. Me: What is your favorite Greek City State?
Tucker: Athens. For me it’s just full of rich history, and it is the origin of so many things that our modern culture embraces today. I feel like we can thank Athens for a lot of our modern luxuries.
13. Me: If you could meet anyone from history, who would it be?
Tucker: Corbin Green he sat next to me in my History class. (Incessant laughter.)
14. Me: Would you rather lick a homeless man's foot or have shard's of glass fly into your right eye?
Tucker: (without hesitation) Homeless man’s foot. Seems like the consequences would be much more temporary.
15. Me: What is your biggest pet peeve?
Tucker: ahhh, when girl’s hair get’s stuck in their lips.
16. Me: What is your favorite clothing item?
Tucker: I enjoy sweaters. I love sweaters. I love hoodless sweatshirts the most.
17. Me: Favorite adventure?
Tucker: (ahhh, mmmmm, short spell of heavy breathing, deep stare, inviting moan, light snort) I feel like there is so many. That is really what I live for hear at Snow. I like campus life but my most favorite thing to do is adventure in the mountains with my friends. So my most favorite adventure is adventures in the mountains. There was this one time I went we went to the rope swing, it was October of last year. The rope swing is not very safe even if the daytime. It was cold. We asked them if we could share their fire because we were cold. And I like it because it combines rope swinging with 4-wheeling because you have to 4-wheel to get there.
18. Me: Desired future profession?
Tucker: I would like well, I’ll tell you. It’s between two things. Astronaut, mechanical engineer, and pilot. Umm so it really depends on where my priorities are but I have always have wanted to be a pilot or astronaut but I feel it might not be conducive to my lifestyle that I am seeking after day by day in the depths of my soul it burns in my heart a fiery passion, the heat of a thousand suns.
19. Me: Level of attraction to anyone on council?
Tucker: Ahh, I joke about being in love with Camrie. I am really not. I do love her, but I am not in love with her. That’s all.
20. Me: If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
Tucker: Uncle Vernon.
21. Me: Biggest lesson you learned on your mission?
Tucker: (to kill time, he restates question) I feel like I learned a balance between obedience and fun. I don’t know if that’s the right word. I feel like I learned how to make obedience fun.
22. Me: Would you rather have one eyebrow shaved or no eyelashes?
Tucker: I think the eyebrow. The reason I said that is I feel like I could do the Emo swoop and cover my eyebrow. I feel like I could pull that off.
23. Me: What is the creepiest thing you have ever done?
Tucker: Me...Creepiest? (Nostril flair, lip pursed, sudden outburst of laughter.) There was this one time in Jr. High... no high School. Stacy Simmons. She’s married now. I don’t know why but I winked at her. Come to find out earlier that day she had told my best friend Richie that she had a crush on me. She then assumed that Riche had told me that she had a crush on me but I just winked at her. But he had not. I just winked at her. She’s married now... She’s married now. She was my first girlfriend. Except for Paige Casteller, we dated in 6th grade, she’s married as well.
24. Me: Favorite part of Elementary school?
Tucker: The shot gun lady. There was a woman who lived behind the fence. She came out while we were playing football. She came through the slot in the fence and she proceeded to rather ferociously accuse us of throwing rocks at her children which we had not done. She then used her wireless phone to call the Principal, whom she had on speed dial. In the proceedings she threatened to bring out her shotgun from then on it was a challenge, when the football went over the fence, we would yell, “Shot gun Lady!” and then run behind a hill and hide.
25. Me: Three wishes?
Tucker: 1. If I could have one wish to be able to go to Disneyland and sneak into the Matterhorn and find the basketball court and if I got caught my wish would be that I wouldn’t get in trouble. 2. Secondly my wish, Ahhg I can’t believe I am telling you this. Whenever I go over railroad tracks I wish for a 4.0 that semester, the reason I am hesitant to tell you is that if you tell people it won’t come true. But you asked, so I told you.  3. I would wish for a horse named Rufio. He’s a paint. With my hand dipped in white paint and plastered on his rear end like Indian war paint.
26: Me: Favorite greeting?
Tucker: Salutations.
Me: Final words?
Tucker: This is on the record? Alright, all I really have to say is thank you for this opportunity. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. Darn tootin. Salutations. Now, as for off the record...
(picture collage depicting what went on at the interview.)
Oh Tucker. As you have seen, this kid has quite a few tales to tell. He has definitely changed my life, & through his example he makes me want to be better. He is like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. I feel pretty lucky to count him among my friends, even if he eludes that Uncle Vernon from HP & I look the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment