Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Say Hello to Katelyn Allred.

Now that this cute girl has reached the ripe old age of 20, & has two decades of wisdom to share with us, I think it is high time she be featured as part of Tuesday Times.
Me: Let's start with favorites. Color?
Katie: turqoise, or yellow. I like them both. They are both favorites.
Me: Animal
Katie: flamingo. a pink flamingo.
Me: Vegetable?
Katie: Broccoli. Corn on the cob is also delightful. However, with Broccoli I need my mayo/soy sauce concaution. Squeezable mayo.
Me: (cringing from the last answer) Mineral?
Katie: Diamonds. 14 carot gold.


Me: Fictional character?
Katie: Katniss from Hunger Games. OH MY GOSH. Toff from Avatar. Yep, Toff. Or Opa. 
Me: If you had to grab something from your burning home, what would it be?
Katie: My journal/scriptures. In all honesty. 
Me: If you had to choose different parents, who would they be?
Katie: Billy Ray Cyrus. He would be my Dad. Or Lisa & Ray from Sister, Sister. Or Joey, Jesse & Danny from Full House. Uncle Phil & Aunt Villian from Fresh Prince. And last but not least, Mother Teresa & Ghandi.
Me: If your life was made into a movie, who would you want to play you?
Katie: Audrey Hepburn.
Me: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Katie: Married to a billionare. No I don't care about money. But really a mom. Living the American dream. Popping out babies.
Me: What is your wildest dream?
Katie: I want to be in the Guniess Book of World Records for something great. Like eating. Something cool.
Me: Favorite book?
Katie: The Hunger Games.
Me: Song?
Katie: Walka Walka. 
Me: TV show?
Katie: The office.
Me: Fashion tip?
Katie: Don't dress like KaLee Mortensen. 
Me: Would you rather have one eyebrow shaved, or no eyelashes?
Katie: One eyebrow shaved.
Me: If someone were to write your life story, what would the title be?
Katie: My Sister Makes Tacos. 
Me: Can you tell us a little bit of history on your "lamb" Deedra?
Katie: (audible sigh) Deedra came to me one dark night when my parents came home from Ireland. I was roughly 9 years old. She is been there for me through my rough times and my happy. She has cried and laughed with me. She kept my darkest secrets.
Me: Favorite scripture?
Katie: 2 Nephi 22:2
Me: What saying do you live your life by?
Katie: Love the life you live, Live the life you love.
Me: Can you think of a moment in your life that changed you & made you who you are today?
Katie: The day we lost the State Tournament. 
Me: What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Katie: riding my bike outside, (rather than inside?), playing my guitar, playing with my nieces.
Me: What is easy for you?
Katie: making rice. eating with chopsticks. 
Me: What is hard for you?
Katie: confrontation.
Me: If you only had 5 & a 1/2 months to live, what would you FOR SURE do?
Katie: travel the world to all the places, Meet all the people I could, try all the different kinds of food there are, go to Paris, DisneyLand, spend time with my family, friends & the people who love me the most.
Me: What is your favorite thing about Snow thus far?
Katie: n-72. The Shady Shank.
Me: If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Katie: Quesadillas, with un-cooked Tortillas.
Me: If you had to choose one animal or vegetative life to be stuck to your rib cage, what would you choose?
Katie: nothing slimy, or creepily furry, or too large, a blue bird. 
Me: How are you feeling about being Relief Society president in the YSA Ephraim 2nd Stake 9th ward?
Katie: (exasperation written across her face.) A little overwhelmed, but with the Lord it is all possible.
Me: Advice, final thoughts, etc.
Katie: KaLee was never meant to be a dancer. 
Make the best of whatever you have-- Come What may & love it.
Go. Fight. Win.
Oh my gosh. I love Katie Allred. She is so good. She makes me want to be better everyday. What an example! She is not only so good, she is funny. What a perfect blend. I look up to her & admire her so much. 

1 comment:

  1. let me tell ya.. I love this post.. almost as much as a love THE Katelyn Allred herself!! Some favorite moments have to be:
    -favorite vegetable.. Ashley you need to try the broccoli concoction, it is actually quite delicious.
    -when you ask katie about being the relief society pres. Then she states that Kaylee should never be a dancer. Now.. in my opinion this isn't very appropriate presidential behavior.

    hahaha :) I love you two..

    ReplyDelete