Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mystic Magic.

Last night, Jeremy, Kyle & Carson invited Heather, Katie and I to go to Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe, Utah.
After a little confusion as to where this place was, we arrived at about midnight, & I had no way of knowing what a sketchy little place this was.
Really, this place is the ULTIMATE Shady Shank.
Upon arrival you have to pay the creepiest creep caretaker your dues to enter & then it is free sailing from there.

Here are some of the sights that you walk past before you actually get to the the hot springs.

After walking past all the creepy scenic items, we walked up a dirt path to the actual hot springs.
A little YMCA at 1:30 a.m.
Really this place was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. There were two large cement hot spring pools, & then above those on the hill were these actual tubs just chilling on the mountain. The actual tubs freaked me out & I refused to get in them, even though I was freezing. We went back to the car boys went to the right & girls to the left & we all changed out of our wet suits & into our warm sweats. (That in & of itself was no small adventure!)
On our way out we paused to get a picture by this magical sign:
Yes mystic, your magic was contagious. 
After we left Mystic in Monroe, the boys insisted we stop & get Dennys.
It was 3 in the morning by this point & I was so tired I couldn't even fathom eating a speck of toast, & especially not french toast or unlimited pancakes.
So while the other 5 dined on breakfast foods, I sat contently, yet sleepily & sipped water through a straw.
By the time we got home, I took a shower & got into bed, it was 5 a.m.
Waking up this morning was far from pleasurable because I just don't function well on 3 1/2 hours of sleep.
Just thinking about this whole night/morn makes me tired but the hot springs & late hour definitely left me feeling mystified.

No comments:

Post a Comment