Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dear Mom,

Happy ____ Birthday! 
(my gift to you is not disclosing your age.)
You are my best friend, & the best mom I could have ever asked for. 
Words just can't describe what you mean to me.
You always know what to say & to do with me.
Whether it be grounding me when I tried to feed McKay make-up, or getting me addicted to taking pictures of any & all activities, or when you made me laugh when you discovered the word "earth" does indeed start with "E." I love you so much mom. You are the BEST.

My Mom's birthday has been no small event. 
We began the celebrations yesterday by going to see the movie:
The Sorcerer's Apprentice. 
When Hollywood's ugliest star is this film's leading man & it's plot is loosely based on a scene from the snoozer Fantasia, you know what kind of movie I thought this was.
But, I didn't complain because after I was going to get myself a free sticky finger dinner.
Tonight, dinner was an affair to remember.
Dad bbq'ed the steak, 
Mckay kneaded dough into breadsticks,
I threw a salad together & mashed some potatoes into boats, 
Wade cracked an egg to help make the toffee bars,
Rachel poured in the chocolate chips to make the toffee bars,
& Big S did this:
Of course a lovely photo session came to pass on the porch,
& Big S did some more of this...


We rounded off the night with Sparklers & Wade spent 75 cents for a firework finale.
(sometimes Spencer's enthusiasm is often marred behind blank expressions.)
Mom, I hope you have had a good couple of days celebrating your birth!


PS Hi Grandpa G. 
Ashley here. (aka better known as WORST grandaughter ever!!!)
You are probably one of my most loyal blog followers & it somehow slips my mind that it was your birthday on Thursday?!
How rude of me.
Please accept my most sincere & humble apologies.
I meant to post you a little note all to yourself, but I completely forgot.
I hope your Birthday was wonderful & that you & Gram did something fun.
Know that I love you so much & will be forever grateful for the trip we got to share just a mere month ago together.
You are one of the most kind & thoughtful people I know.
I cherish the times we get to spend together.
Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment