Thursday, July 29, 2010

And the award goes to...

One of my great friends & bloggers I admire most gave me this award; my first & probably only ever award. Let me just admit that I am totally flattered!
The 'rules' once you receive this award are as follows:
#1: Send a warm, cyber hug to whoever awarded you with this nice honor.
#2: Flatter yourself and tell the entire world that you have been awarded, followed by seven unique things about you.
#3: Pass along this heart-warmer of an award to your favorite blogs.


#1. To the fabulous Hilary Norton: I am so glad we met & became friends while growing up. I will never forget how much fun we had on Choir Tour our junior year of high school. From discussing farking to cross-sexing we had a hilarious time. I am certain that any & all people that read her blog are amazed by her way with words, her impeccable photography skills & how completely stylish yet smart she is. Hilary is so down to earth & I really admire her so much. 


#2: The seven randoms about me are as follows:
on1e: I have watched every single episode of Little House on the Prairie I am convinced that if there was a game show that revolved around this T.V. show, I would easily walk away with a million bucks. I am also in love with Anne of Green Gables. I remember wishing I would marry a certain neighbor of mine so we could be the next Anne & Gilbert. (Trust me, this is no longer the case)
t2wo: I don't believe in dinosaurs. I plan on eventually distributing a pamphlet for my reasoning behind this one day.
thr3ee: I love reading the newspaper & watching the news everyday. When I am by myself in my car I like to listen to talk radio to keep up with current events. People (especially certain politicians) are so fascinating aren't they?
fo4ur: Potatoes are by far my favorite food & my birthday is national potato day. Coincidence? I think not!
fi5ve: I hate drinking soda & milk. No matter what I am eating or doing, water is my drink of choice. My favorite bottled water is smart water. Love that electrolyte taste.
si6x: I have a cyst that I will swear by it's ability to tell the weather. I'm just waiting for a local radio station to call & ask me to offer my uncanny services as part of their morning show.
sev7en: The older I get, the more I realize: I am a complete nerd. I love everything from reading the dictionary & thesaurus,  discussing Harry Potter, the creepy thrill I get from solving an arithematic problem, reading a good book instead of watching t.v., & learning about historical events & cultures. 


#3: The bloggers that I will pass this award to are:
Cassie Farley. I am certain that if Cassie & I went to high school together we would have been a force not to be reckoned with. We find the same things funny & I totally admire her. Her blog is hilarious & she is my definition of awesome.
& secondly I would like to give Amberly Hurst a quick shout out. Amberly & I met while we were in Chamber together my senior year. Amberly is completely genuine & her blog emulates her sweet perspective.   

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    You FREAKING rock!!!
    I love that I can look at you and know you are thinking the same thing I am!
    I can't believe I got an award!!!
    Yours truly,
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete