Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Beauty of Julie.

When I was 5, I had a bad case of the chicken pox. 
(side note: isn't it strange that they have an immunization for the pox now? We can tell our grandchildren that when we were little, we had them. Oh the wonders of modern medicine.)
Now getting back on track, my reward for not scratching those little beauties was my very own copy of
The Sound of Music.
I remember being so excited that I had my very own video & that I wouldn't have to borrow Grandma Palmer's taped off of her t.v. (with the commercials included.) I thought it was so awe-some!
I have always had a love for Julie Andrews & old fashioned musicals.
I even love the books The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles & Mandy, both written by Julie. Julie Andrews has class, & I admire her. I think we could be good friends.
My love for Julie Andrews was especially rekindled these past few days when I was sick.
I watched: Princess Diaries 1 & 2, Mary Poppins & of course I watched The Sound of Music for the ump-teenth time. 
A waste? No. A success? I'd say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment